9/12/13

Simple Nail Art: Jelly Sandwich Mani!

I have been wanting to try doing a jelly sandwich on my nails for ages! If you aren't familiar, a jelly sandwich is just a glitter polish sandwiched between layers of a sheer or Jelly polish. The combinations are endless and you can come up with some really cool looking manicures! I've wanted to do it for a while, but have always struggled with which polishes would look right together. Finally, I decided just to go for it. And I like my results a lot!


Isn't it pretty? It didn't turn out like I imagined it, but it's still quite nice for my first jelly sandwich! Here's what I did.

I started out with a base coat (I used Revlon quick dry base coat if you are interested) and then I applied two thin coats of the nailtini polish in Frappe, which is a really super sheer nude I got in an ipsy glam bag a while back.  (ignore the red in the photo below, I had some staining from a previous mani)


When that was completely dry, it was time for some glitter. I chose to use Hard Candy's Emerald's Eve. This is the newest polish in my collection and it is absolutely stunning! It's a clear base with chunky gold glitter as well as smaller pieces of green glitter. It's supposed to be a dupe for Deborah Lippman's shake your money maker. It's so pretty! I applied one coat of this polish. This polish could easily be built up and worn on it's own!


This photo really doesn't do it justice. The glitter was so pretty I almost stopped there and just rocked the mani as is. But, I really wanted to try out the jelly sandwich thing, so when the glitter polish was dry I added one more thin layer of Nailtini's frappe on top, and then when that was all dry I added my top coat (Sally Hansen insta-dri anti-chip top coat) And that gave me my finished result!




Overall I am pretty pleased with the finished look! What do you think? Do you like the whole Jelly Sandwich trend? What's your favorite combination of polishes to make the perfect Jelly Sandwich Mani? I would love to hear from you! Leave me a comment down below or else use my contact card below to get in touch! <3


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews