1/11/13

Back on the weight loss track

I started this blog over a year ago now, and one of my very first entry was about weight loss. Before I get started, I need to make a disclaimer. I said it back then, and I will say it again, I do not think that you have to be slim or a size 2 to be beautiful. However, I am not happy about my weight, and I know that I will feel better about the way that I look if I lose some weight. Back in February of 2011, I went on a mission to lose some weight. My starting weight back then was 230 pounds, and I was not happy with the way that I felt, and the way that I looked in clothing. So I endeavored to lose weight, and over the course of 9 months I lost about 40 pounds. Well, then the holidays hit, so I gained a few pounds. And then At the beginning of 2012 I quit smoking, and gained back quite a bit of weight due to that. I pretty much maintained a weight of around 220 pounds for the most of 2012. I couldn't seem to get back on track with my weight loss. Well, then my mom passed away in October of 2012, and I gained approximately 20 pounds between stress eating, emotional baggage and then I ate my way through the holiday season.

So that brings us to now. I have now gained back all of the weight I lost and then some. I am angry at myself that all of my hard work in 2011 was basically a waste of time. On January 2nd I stepped on the scale and saw my highest weight ever. 242 pounds. I decided then and there that it was time to get back on my weight loss journey. I had done it before and I could do it again.

So I downloaded the app my fitness pal (MFP) and started counting calories again (which is how I lost the weight in the first place) I have already lost 7 pounds, bringing me to my weight now, 234.8 pounds. I haven't set a long term goal. I just want to eat within my calorie range, and take it a day at a time.

I decided to share this with you all here because I could use a support system. If you would like to follow along with me as I endeavor to get down to a healthy weight, you can follow this blog. You can also follow me on instagram (My username is Jwhackers), where I have already started posting pictures of my meals everyday. I do this because it helps keep me accountable. I know that I will feel proud of myself when I post photographs of low calorie healthy choices, and maybe a little embarrassed if I have to post a photo of some not so healthy choices. Of course, there will be days when I make better choices than others. I am not expecting myself to be perfect by any means. But, in general, the picture taking, and the logging of what I eat with MFP help me stay on track and, again, keep me accountable.

So, that's where I am with my weight loss journey. From now on, every Wednesday on this blog will be weigh in Wednesday, where I make a post telling you all my weight for the week, whether I gained, lost or stayed the same, and I tell you all how the week went. If you aren't interested in seeing these sort of posts, and are strictly here to read blog posts about makeup and beauty products, I understand, and suggest that you simply skip the weigh in Wednesday posts. I also suggest that you subscribe to my youtube channel (Jwhackers) because I will not be frequently discussing my weight loss journey on that channel, and you will strictly see the content you are here for!

Thank you for taking the time to read this very personal blog entry. I know it's not the usual content around here, and hopefully it will be well received! Leave me a comment down below and tell me how you feel about this entry, and if you are on my fitness pal, leave me your username down below and I will follor you! Thanks again, guys!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it's great that you're doing this! It's an inspiration to many of us. Keep up your great work! Maybe you could post healthy eating ideas? I too struggle with my weight and I know I could drop a few pounds.

kelli said...

I gained so much between losing Mom and then the holidays. Right this very moment I weigh 158. :-( i have to get this weight off before I start hating myself and it gets worse.

Debby said...

You did so good on our last time around and look @ what you accomplished! You not only lost the #'s you also quit smoking and you also maintained an ethical view towards yourself. You will do great on this journey too.Think of it as your next chapter in your Book of Life and with each Wednesday you can turn the page =)
You go girl, I am behind ya and am certain you can do this. Love n hugs!!

Unknown said...

I would love to follow as I am also over 220 pounds and have made the decision to try to live healthier. I am going to be posting my progress on my blog. I was going to do updates on Sundays, but perhaps I will also do Wednesdays if it is ok with you?

<3 Dannii x

Unknown said...

Sorry, my blog is danniiloves.wordpress.com

<3 Dannii x

Unknown said...

That sounds great! Good luck! I will follow you!

Thank you for the support everyone.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews