6/28/12

Revlon Just bitten Kissable Balm Stain Review

I asked on the budget beauty facebook page a while ago if anyone was interested in seeing a review on the Revlon Just Bitten kissable balm stains. There was interest, and these have been so hyped up on youtube and in the beauty community that I just had to see what all the fuss was about.

I picked up just one. I wanted to see if these lived up to the hype before investing a bunch of money into several different colors. I found mine at CVS, and I about fell over when I saw the price. I paid nearly 10 dollars for this one little lip stain. I am sure I could have found it cheaper elsewhere. Since I purchased mine I have seen them at walmart for around 7 dollars. But that's still way too much, in my opinion for this product.

Revlon boasts that these are a pampering balm fused with a lightweight lipstain in an adorable chubby crayon. Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain gives softer, smoother lips with a perfect flush of color that lasts hour after hour.

Let's start with the packaging. I really like the packaging on these. This is a large crayon type applicator, that is retractable to no sharpening is required. You simply twist the bottom and the product comes up. I like that much better than a pencil that you would have to sharpen, or the marker style of lip stain you normally would see.

The product itself smooths on nicely and has a faint peppermint smell. it does not tingle or burn. I don't find it to be the most moisturizing lip balm in the world. The color pay off is nice though. The one that I purchased, Cherish, is a bright bubble gum pink. I was disappointed with the wear time, however. This did NOT last hour after hour for me. In fact, the balm-y feeling was gone after a couple of hours, and the color had completely gone from my lips after about 4 hours. The color on this balm stain did transfer. It wasn't a true stain in that respect.

I think if this product was less expensive I would really like it. I love tinted lip balms, and this one definitely lasted longer than an average tinted balm. But I don't feel like this is a true stain, and for nearly 10 dollars, I would expect this to last a lot longer than it did. Products that I have in my collection in a very similar color that are better than this one, and cheaper, are the Maybelline baby lips in pink punch, and another Revlon product, the Revlon colorburst lip butter in strawberry shortcake. I feel like both of these products are far more moisturizing than the kissable balm stains, and the color is so close to the same, that I know I will find myself reaching for those over the balm stain. The revlon just bitten kissable lip stains are a miss for me!

Perhaps I just got one of the colors that just isn't as good. I have heard so many people say that these kissable balm stains last forever and are so great, and I just didn't get that from this one. Will I purchase more? If i find them on sale for quite a bit less than I paid I might pick up one of the darker colors, just to test it out and see if it's better than this one. Other than that, I will stick to the lip products I already own!



The REvlon kissable balm stain in Cherish



The swatch:

The color on my lips:

As compared to some other lip products I own:

Top: Revlon colorburst lip butter in strawberry shortcake
middle: Maybelline baby lips in pink punch
Bottom:Revlon just bitten kissable lip stain in Cherish

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews