1/27/12

Review: Revlon Lip Butters

This review has been a long time coming. I first started hearing about these back in November or December of last year. They sprang up all over youtube and were really hyped up. So I went on the look out for them, but didn't finally see them in stores until around Christmas time. Being that it was Christmas time, I held off on buying them. But once the holidays were over I ran out and picked up one. The first one I grabbed up is Raspberry Pie. I used it for a while and was ready to write my review but then decided that if I was going to really review a product, I needed to base my opinions off more than just one of these. So I went and picked up two more in the colors Strawberry Shortcake and Creme Brulee.






Raspberry Pie, Strawberry Shortcake, Creme Brulee


First of all, I love the packaging. The silver tube is sturdy and nice, and the cover is the color of the product that you are getting. You can also see the actual product if you look through the little window in the top. So you can actually see what you are getting, which is nice.

As for the products themselves, I like them. When I first got and tried out raspberry pie I admit I was disappointed. Not because I don't like the product. I do. It's a gorgeous bright raspberry color and very pigmented. But it's not what I expected with a name like lip butter. I was expecting it to be more sheer. It is moisturizing, but I would classify this one as more of a moisturizing lip stick than a lip butter.

Strawberry Shortcake and Creme Brulee on the other hand are more like what I had in mind when I purchased these. The colors are more sheer, yet you still get a nice color pay off. Strawberry Shortcake is a beautiful light pink, and creme brulee is a subtle nude. Both look great on my skin tone, and are quite moisturizing. Not as moisturizing as a lip balm, but still very nice.

The price point on these is higher than I normally like to pay. They run around 7 dollars each. A lot of times you can find them buy one get one half off though, so be on the look out. they are nice, and I would definitely purchase them again, but not at full price. I will be looking out for sales for sure!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews