1/4/12

Youtube inspired purchases

I am obsessed with watching beauty and fashion videos on youtube. It's actually what inspired me to start my blog in the first place. I love fashion and beauty, but make a fool out of myself in front of a camera anytime one is pointed in my direction, so obviously a youtube beauty channel was out of the question, so I went the blog route instead. Still, I am subscribed to tons of beauty gurus on youtube, and I have to admit, I have made quite a few purchases based on raves and reviews that I have seen. I thought I would share some of those purchases here, as well as give you all a list of my fave youtubers, so you can subscribe to them too, if you haven't already! But first, the products.

Wet 'n Wild Palettes- I have youtube to thank for turning me on to these. I never would have bothered to try them if it weren't for several youtubers giving the eyeshadow palettes their stamp of approval. When I was younger, and first getting in to make up, Wet 'n Wild was a joke. Their eye shadows were chalky and hard and not pigmented. It was the kind of stuff that you bought for preteens just getting in to make up, but that you never purchased for yourself. Well, apparently at some point in time, that all changed. My mouth dropped when I heard people absolutely raving about the Wet 'n wild trios and 6 pan palettes. In fact, until I picked the wet n wild 6 pan palette in Greed, I didn't really believe the hype. But they truly are amazing. The shadows are soft and pigmented and fantastic quality. The price point is great, and the color pay off is amazing. I also picked up one of their trios- walking on eggshells, and the quality is just as good, and the colors are amazing. This trio only cost me 3 bucks. You can bet I am going to be going back for more!

EOS lip balms- Usually I will see a product in stores, and then run to youtube for reviews to see if it's a worthwhile product to invest in. This time, it was the other way around. I didn't even see these things in stores until I went looking for them after rave reviews on youtube. Seems like the beauty gurus on youtube just purchase these in every color of the rainbow, and I can understand why. These are awesome lip balms. The flavors are great, and the neat egg shape makes them not only fun to use, but easy to find in an overstuffed make up bag. I am so grateful to the youtube beauty community for pointing these out to me!

E.L.F. - Now, I had seen and tried out a few elf products in the past, but it wasn't until I saw some people raving about these products on youtube that I actually got into them, and started obsessively trying out their products. When I had seen the products at target, I mostly just passed them by, because let's face it, you get what you pay for. And I just assumed that any cosmetic that had a $1 price tag must be complete crap. Boy was I wrong, and thankfully youtube pointed that out to me. My collection would be considerably smaller if it was not for youtube telling me these products are awesome.

N.Y.C. sheer Red- I never in a million years would have guessed that my holy grail red lipstick would be found on a shelf at my local walmart for under a dollar. But, thanks to a youtube beauty guru, I found it! Sheer Red by NYC is indeed the perfect shade of red lipstick for me (and tons of other people!) and I never would have even thought to try it, if it weren't for emilynoel83 on youtube. Thanks Emily!

Revlon Lip Butters- You cannot click on a beauty video on youtube right now without someone doing a rave review on the revlon lip butters. You would think that these things are made out of gold the way the youtube beauty community has hunted these down and coveted the different shades. And I was sucked right in. I was on tyhe look out for these elusive items for weeks and when I finally spotted them, I jumped on the bandwagon and bought one. They are as good as people claim, and you can get I am going back for more more more!

L'oreal Eversleek shampoo and conditioner- I cannot for the life of me remember who it was that did a review on the eversleek line from l'oreal, but I do remember going out that very same day to pick them up, and it was completely worth it. This is a great line! The shampoo and conditioner are great for my over-thick, over-frizzy hair. I probably never would have tried these if it wasn't for youtube!

There are probably more products that I picked up after watching a review on youtube, but I think you get the point. I've found a ton of amazing products thanks to youtube. And who am I watching on youtube to get all of this great info. Let me just share with you a few of my favorite beauty and fashion youtubers!

emilynoel83
Msgoldgirl
DulceCandy87
aleexandraaxo
eleventhgorgeous
leighannsays
makeupbytiffanyD
Glintzy

There are a ton more but those are just a few of my faves! Hope this helps some of you!! Gave fun out there in youtubeland!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews