2/12/12

Suave Dry Shampoo Review


I have very frizzy and curly hair and I only wash it every 3-4 days, so by the second and third day between washings I tend to have some oil build up around the roots. I have been on the search for a good dry shampoo to combat this. After my horrendous results with the Tresemme shampoo, I decided to try another one from the drug store. This time I picked up the Suave dry Shampoo. It cost me 3 dollars from walmart.

This one is much better than the tresemme one, but it still has it's issues. It has a sort of citrus-y smell, in my opinion, that I do not find offensive. But if you are sensitive to smells this might not be the best product for you. It absorbed the oil in my hair like a dream and gave me some extra volume that I wasn't expecting, so that's a plus. The down side is that it left a sort of gray cast to my hair. I have very dark brown hair so it was very noticeable. Blending it in and brushing it through helped some, but it was difficult to blend, and I still had a sort of gray cast. This probably wouldn't show up in blonde or lighter colored hair, but for brunettes, it is very noticeable. I think I can work around this, because I do like the results that this dry shampoo gives me. So while I haven't found my holy grail dry shampoo this one works well for the money and I will use it up. I will not be repurchasing this one however.

What dry shampoos would you recommended? I think after I've used up this bottle I am going to try batiste. I've heard great things about that one.

1 comment:

Kristin Carpenter said...

Thanks for the review Jessi. I think I will wait until you try the other one and if that isnt better then I will go out and get this one. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews