5/27/12

Elf Misses

I talk a lot about elf products on my blog. I love a lot of things about elf. They have a wide variety of products at a super low price point. They are easily available. They do not test on animals. And some of my all time favorite products come from this line of cosmetics. But not all of Elf products are amazing. And while I can't say that I regret purchasing any of the items (because let's face it, it's only a couple of dollars wasted) there are a few products that I will not be repurchasing. I thought I would go over those today with you.

1. Elf essential regular & waterproof mascara duo- I really thought when I purchased this that this would be an invaluable addition to my make up collection. Waterproof mascara on one side and regular on the other, I thought it would be perfect to toss in my bag for touch ups. But this mascara clumped like crazy on my lashes. If I managed to apply it in a way that was actually to my liking it flaked off after a few hours and worst of all it dried up in a matter of weeks. Definitely not on my list of products to repurchase. Save yourself a dollar. Elf has a ton of other much better mascaras from their studio line!

2. Elf shimmering facial whip in lilac petal- This is actually probably a great product, if you like this sort of thing. It's a liquid highlighter, and it definitely adds shimmer to anyplace you apply it. Problem is, the consistency is so liquidy that 9 times out of 10 way too much product comes out of the tube, and I end up looking like a shimmery mess when I apply it. Plus, the name is very misleading. I was expecting a lilac color, but this is actually quite pink. I may try a different color in the future, to see if it's more manageable, but I won't be repurchasing lilac petal. It's not a bad product, it's just not for me. I much prefer the all over color sticks. they are the same price, come in the same variety of colors, but are (obviously) less shimmery and easier to work with.

3. Elf essential blushing bronzing blending brush- This brush is completely worthless to me. It is not nearly dense enough to be useable. It's quite floppy and sheds a ton. I do manage to use it occassionally, when I am using a very pigmented bronzer and I need a VERY light application. But I have a ton of brushes that I reach for before I reach for this one. Honestly the elf essential powder brush is a good alternative to this brush. It's got a small head on it that works well for contouring, but it's much denser. It's also the same price, so go for this one instead!

4. Elf essential foundation brush- this is another brush that I find useless. It's, again, very floppy. Leaves my foundation looking incredibly streaky. I am not a fan of foundation brushes anyway, but this one in particular is just bad. I have managed to find uses for it- It's not bad for applying foundation primer, or cream masks. Still, If you really want a foundation brush, the angled foundation brush from the studio line is a good one. Even better? Just use your hands!

5. Elf Studio glitter gloss- I have two shades of glitter gloss. Fuchsia Fireworks and Golden Glitz and I am not a fan of either. It's not that it's a bad gloss. It's actually quite a nice gloss, I am just not a fan of chunky glitter on the lips, and both of these glosses have it. I'll stick with the glossy gloss. It's the same application and gloss, just without the glitter-y mess.

6. Elf Studio conditioning lip balm spf 15- I have this is mellow melon. It's just not my favorite. I am not a huge fan of the color. It's awesome that it has spf 15, and I think in a different color I would really love this lip balm. So while I won't be repurchasing mellow melon in the future, I may try out some of the other shades.

That pretty much wraps it up. There are other products that I have not been especially thrilled with as well, but I have always managed to make them work with a little creativity. It's always a bummer when you purchase something and you just don't like it or can't make it work. The truly great thing about elf products is, if you find something that you just don't use, at least you haven't wasted a ton of money. What are some products that you have purchased recently that you've disliked?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews