10/19/11

Weight Loss


I am a firm believer that you can be beautiful at any size. Curves are sexy, and I don't buy into the hype that thin is in and fat is out. I think that the way you dress your body is more important than your body shape/size. That being said, I have recently been working hard to lose weight. I know that probably sounds hypocritical. But, I started my weight loss journey back in February 2011, not because I was unhappy with the way I looked, but because of my health. when I began my journey I weighed 230 pounds, and I was unhappy a lot of the time. I couldn't run and play with my children, my blood pressure was high, I struggled to find cute clothes in my size and price range. So I began counting calories and in the last 8 months I have lost just over 40 pounds. My current weight is 187 pounds. I am feeling so good. So much healthier. My clothing options are more expansive, and I can honestly say I am the happiest I have ever been! I still want to lose a bit more weight. My ultimate goal is 160 pounds. I will still be considered overweight, but quite frankly, I want to keep my curves!



What are your thoughts on the media's definition of "beautiful"? Do you have to be stick slim to be considered beautiful by today's standards? Or do you think curves are where it's at? Leave a comment and let me know what you think!

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Curves are where it's at Jessi!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews