8/31/12

August Favorites

September is upon us. School will be starting for my son next week. Summer is definitely on its way out. But the temperatures here are still hot hot hot and I am going to enjoy them as long as they stick around. unfortunately, August cannot stick around and so I am here with my monthly favorites. I have quite a few this month. I've got the normal beauty favorites this month, but I also have some non beauty related favorites too! So let's get right into it!

My first favorite is a foundation brush. This is a coastal scents brush that came in a big 22 piece brush set. I think this is just a synthetic hair powder buffer brush, but I love it for foundation. I have dry skin, so generally applying foundation with a damp sponge works best for me, but there ie something about the combination of this brush, and my Rimmel Lasting finish foundation that works amazingly well together. This brush works well with my favorite Elf tinted moisturizer as well. I love it!


Next is the Elf waterproof eyeliner pen in Black. I love the look of liquid eyeliner, but I still haven't mastered the perfect technique for applying it. That's why I love this eyeliner pen. It's the great look of liquid liner, but much easier to apply. This pen has a nice felt tip applicator that allows me to glide the liner on easily. It's easy to handle, easy to apply, and the liner itself does not budge. I have been especially loving the black this month, but I own the one in the color coffee too and I like that one a lot as well!



Next I have a blush. I pulled this one out of my collection and used it quite a bit towards the end of this month, and I really like it. It's the hard candy fox in a box blush in hot flash. first. can I just take a minute to talk about how stinking cute this packaging is. It's obviously modelled after the benefit boxed blushes, but I think I like this packaging even more than the benefit ones. I like that the lid stays attached and closes magnetically. And I love the design on the front. As for the blush itself, it's four different shades that you can either wear alone or all blended together. I personally like swirling them together and then applying the color lightly to my cheeks. It's a gorgeous pink that gives me a lovely flush, and I have a feeling I am going to be wearing this a ton this coming fall!



Next up I have the Elf Golden Bronzer. They call this a bronzer, but it's actually a highlight. I cannot imagine this being a bronzer on ANY skin tone. It's a sheer gorgeous wash of light that I love to apply yo my cheekbones, the bridge of my nose my cupid's bow or anywhere else I just want to pop. I tried swatching this and just could not capture how beautiful this looks on the skin. I highly recommend you go out right now and get this! You won't regret it!

My favorite nail polish combination this month is definitely what I have on my nails right now. It's the most recent manicure I shared as a nail of the day. It's Sally Hansen Ivy league with a layer of Wet n wild hallucinate on top. I love the way it looks!


Another thing that I am loving is this neon green shirt that I got from target last month. I love the way it looks. It's so comfortable. And the color is so cute! You can see me in it here in this photo of me with Denise Donovan from Team Starkid!!



My last favorite is the trip that I took this month to Chicago! This was definitely my favorite thing about August. I went to Chicago to attend Leakycon! I had an amazing time. I got to meet a lot of other really cool harry potter fans I got to see Starkid perform A very potter senior year, which was totally awesome. It was a trip I will always remember!



So that's it for August. I hope you all had a great month!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews