9/6/12

NEW elf contouring blush and bronzing powder duos! Swatches and comparison!


When I saw that Elf had come out with new shades of their contouring blush and bronzing powder duos, I immediately went to their website and ordered them! Their original contouring blush and bronzing powder duo, which was originally called simply blushed/bronzed, has had it's name changed to St. Lucia. I did not purchase that one, because I have the original and it is the same thing, just under a new name! I did purchase the two new shades, however! They are Antigua and Turks and Caicos!


Turks and Caicos



Antigua


L to R: Original (now called St. Lucia), Turks and Caicos, Antigua

I thought I would include some swatches comparing the different shades as well.



Blushes!! L to R: St. Lucia, Turks and Caicos, Antigua (no flash)




Blushes!! L to R: St. Lucia, Turks and Caicos, Antigua, with flash

as you can see, all three blushes have quite a bit of shimmer. Antigua being the one with the most noticeable shimmer. St. Lucia's blush is a light, pretty peachy pink tone with gold shimmer. Turks and Caicos' blush is a mauve-y rose toned blush with gold shimmer. And Antigua's blush is a bright pink with shimmer.

You can see the three blushes here blended out to a more natural finish.



L to R: St. Lucia, Turks and Caicos, Antigua, no flash

L to R: St. Lucia, Turks and Caicos, Antigua, with flash

And now for the bronzers!




L to R: St. Lucia, Turks and Caicos, Antigua

In the pan, the three bronzers look different, but once on the skin, they are so similar to one another that it takes a more discernible eye than mine to tell them apart. If they aren't exactly the same, then they are so close that I can't tell the difference. They are all a deep warm brown with gold shimmer. Antigua's bronzer might be just a touch darker than the others. But then again, it could just be that my swatch was a bit heavier for that one.

So there you have it. I highly suggest all of these duos. I love the blush colors. And the bronzers work well for me for all over color if I use them with a very light hand. Let me know what you think in the comments below!




3 comments:

LiisK said...

Thank you for these swatches, you are one of the first :)

Unknown said...

no problem! I went searching for swatches before I made the purchase and found nothing, so I was eager to get these up to help others, since I know that Elf's website is not reliable when it comes to showing the true color of their products!

ElleW said...

Love, love, love the swatches! I picked up St. Lucia the other day (with the BOGO sale) and I can't wait to try it now!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews