8/10/12

Beauty Q and A

I am away in Chicago right now, but I didn't want to leave you all hanging for 5 days with no posts, so I have queued this up so you all won't miss me too badly! :)

I get a lot of beauty questions both here on my blog and in real life from family and friends so I thought I would answer a few of them, and also open up this post for you all to ask any beauty related questions you might have. If you have a question, please feel free to leave a comment down below and I will do another Q and A soon, if I get any reponse!



Q. What comes first: Concealer or Foundation?
A. As a rule, foundation comes first. It evens out the skin. Then you can use your concealer to hide and imperfections or blemishes. The only time I use concealer before foundation is if I am using a color corrector, or a concealer that is not fleshed tone.

Q. What tips can you give me to make my eyes look bigger?
A. Curl your lashes and apply mascara. This will open up your eyes and accent them, drawing the eye there. You can also line your lower water line with a flesh toned or white eyeliner to open them up some. A light shade on your eyelid also will make your eyes look larger as opposed to a darker shade. Also, avoid lining your water line in black as that will close the eyes up.

Q. What makeup remover do you use?
A. I use a cold cream to remove the makeup from my face. Or, if I am in a hurry, a makeup wipe from elf. For eye makeup, I use the neutrogena oil free eye makeup remover. Then I cleanse my face with a clean and clear facial cleanser. I follow that with my moisturizer.

Q. How do you apply bronzer?
A. I am actually going to be doing a whole post on this in the near future, so be on the look out!

Q. What type of eyeliner is best?
It depends on what you are looking for in an eyeliner. I find pencil eyeliner to be easiest to apply, so if you are a beginner, go with that. Cream eye liner takes some getting used to, but is simpler than liquid liner. And of course, liquid liner is the trickiest to apply. With practice you can do any of these looks. Pencil is generally used for a softer smudgier effect. Gel or cream eyeliner and liquid liner are generally used for a stronger, bolder line. I will be doing a more indepth post on this in the future.

Q. What is the purpose of an eyelid primer?
A. An eyelid primer primes your lids and gets them ready for eyeshadow. They generally will make the colors of eyeshadow that you are using appear more vibrant, and they also control oil on the lids to allow your eye looks to last longer.

That's it for now! I hope you all are having a wonderful week and I will be back with you all soon! <3

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews