11/23/11

Make Up Tip! You're applying Blush wrong!

Ok, so there really is no right or wrong way to apply make up. You do what you like and what works best for you. However, I know that 99% of women apply blush the same way. You smile, find the apples of your cheeks and apply blush there. In my opinion this is wrong, and I will tell you why. When you smile, the apples of your cheeks come up, you apply blush and then you stop smiling. What happens? Your blush falls down. Maybe I'm not explaining this well. Do a test. Go ahead. Smile and put your finger on the apple of your cheek. Now, keep your finger there and stop smiling. See how your finger is much lower on your face now? That's exactly what happens to your blush. It "falls" and then your blush brings focus down. Blush, in my opinion, is meant to highlight your cheekbones and bring your whole face up. As we get older, our face starts to droop and go down. The last thing you want is to bring it down even more! So, then, you might be asking, where does blush go? I apply my blush onto my cheekbones, and blend it up into my hairline. It gives me a beautiful flush of color, while highlighting my bone structure and bring my whole face up! Try it, and let me know what you think of the results!

2 comments:

knikki2000 said...

Here is my favorite blush:

http://www.benefitcosmetics.com/product/view/10

Now before you freak out and say that's almost $30.00, it is most certainly not budget friendly, hear me out.

It allows for perfect application every time and the colors work for eyeshadow too. I buy one box of powder and I have blush, highlighter and eyeshadow all in on box. A tube of mascara and an eyeliner pencil and I am done.

Unknown said...

I've heard a lot about that. All of the boxed benefit products are supposed to be really good. Just not in my price range, unfortunately. Maybe someday, though! Thanks for the suggestion!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews