7/30/13

Summer Must Haves: Top 10 Summer Lipsticks

I've already talked to you guys about my favorite lip balms for summertime. But sometimes, you just want a lipstick. So I went through my collection and chose a wide variety of lipstick colors and finishes, all of which I love for the summer! I will tell you the colors I chose and why I chose them, as well as swatches! So without furthur ado...

The lipsticks I chose are:



Maybelline Color Sensational lipstick in Pink Freeze
A really pretty light pink shade with tons of microscopic shimmer that makes this lipstick so pretty on the lips. It's moisturizing and is shiny enough that you can wear it on it's own without any added gloss.


Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipstick in Airy Fairy
 A cream formula mauve-nude lipstick. This is such a pretty neutral color. It's got a nice glossy finish and feels great on the lips. Not too heavy, but still very pigmented.



Elf Mineral Lipstick in Party Pink
A mid-toned pink that glides on so nice and smooth. This lipstick, and all the Elf mineral lipsticks are mineral based with no parabens, no preservatives and no chemical dyes, which is a plus!




L'oreal Color Riche Balm in the color Laze in the Maze

I love this lip product. It's a nice, sheer, very moisturizing lipstick that's more like the consistency of a tinted lip balm but with much more pigmentation. This particular one is a gorgeous milky baby pink shade that's super moisturizing and glossy!




Elf Studio Matte Lip Color in Natural
Most the lipsticks I chose are very moisturizing and glossy, but sometimes you just need a matte lipstick. This one is my favorite. The matte lip colors from Elf are all super pigmented with a gorgeous matte finish. Matte lipsticks can be drying so make sure to wear a good moisturizing lip balm underneath this, but this color is just to die for. It's a gorgeous natural nude shade with just a hint of pink that makes this perfect for work or a day date and keeps this from being one of those nudes that makes you look like a corpse! Leave it matte for a sophisticated look, or add a gloss on top to punch up the fun!



Maybelline Color Whisper lipstick in Pin Up Peach 
Maybelline really hit the nail on the head with this line of lipsticks. They are super moisturizing, super glossy and a sheer formula lipstick that makes these the perfect summer lip product when you just want something light, that you can easily just throw on without thinking too much. This line of lipsticks has a great variety of shades. I have two of these in my top ten list, but let's talk about this one first. Pin up peach is a gorgeous peach-y pink that is the perfect neutral shade to go with just about any makeup look. These lipsticks are incredibly moisturizing and the finish is very pretty. 





Maybelline Color Whisper in Coral Ambition
This is another perfect for summer color. Coral is so hot for the summertime and this one is sheer enough that it can be worn without fear of being too over the top! This shade leans more pink than orange and is such a pretty coral shade for a perfect sheer pop of color





Revlon Colorburst lip butter in Tutti Frutti
I have shades a lot of light neutral lip colors so far, but the rest are bright colors! Cause sometimes you just need a pop of color! Tutti Frutti is a gorgeous orange shade of lipstick that is totally wearable for lots of skin tones. I love this lipstick on me. I love the Revlon lip butters because they can be layered up to be highly pigmented or sheered out for just a sheer wash of color. Tutti Fruity is a prime example. If the orange color scares you a bit you can wear it sheer, or build it up for the ultimate in orange lip color!




Pop Beauty Pouty Pop Crayon in Coral Crush
I received this lip product in my ipsy bag and I am so glad I did because I ADORE this color. This is the epitome of summer in a lip product is you ask me. It's a bright coral shade that leans much more pink and it's super pigmented, super glossy and super moisturizing as well. I love pairing this lipstick with a nice neutral look for a bright in your face summer look.




Maybelline Vivids Lipstick in the color Vivid Rose
Now for the ultimate in in your face bright summer lips! The vivids line from Maybelline has a fantastic line of bright, in your face, vivid lipsticks that are incredibly pigmented and opaque. The one that I love for summer is Vivid Rose. It's a bright fuchsia rose-y pink that just screams LOOK AT ME! Of course, it can be worn sheered out for less of a bright look, but when worn opaque this just screams for attention. Love it!



So there ya have it! My top ten summer lip colors. I know that we are well into summer now, so this might be a little late, but there's still plenty of summer left to rock these colors, and a lot of these neutral shades will transition seamlessly into fall as well! What is your go to summer lip color? Let me know in the comments below, I would love to hear from you!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews