7/29/13

Sunday Spa Day (at home!)

I pampered myself a bit last night, and it was such a luxurious at home spa evening I thought it would make a nice little blog post. I always like to share these types of things with you.

I started out with a pedicure. There is something so nice about soaking your feet and  adding a bright polish to the toes! I've never sprung for a pedicure at a real salon. Something about going for a pedicure just freaks me out. I don't know why. I just don't like the idea of a stranger touching my feet. I know, I am weird. So, I always do my own pedicures, and while I am no professional, I usually like the results! (Sorry if you have an aversion to feet pics, but just look at that color!) I used the Wet n Wild megalast polish in through the grapevine, and I just love the way it looks!


Next up I used a hot oil treatment on my hair. It's just one that I picked up at the dollar tree. It came with two treatments for a dollar, so I wasn't expecting amazing things, but I was pleasantly surprised. The instructions say to place the hot oil treatment in a glass of hot water for a minute to heat it up. Apply to dry hair and leave sit for up to a minute and then wash out in the shower. I left it on my hair for a bit longer than a minute. Closer to 5 minutes. While I was getting everything for my shower ready. I washed it out, and my hair felt so soft and smooth! Not bad for a buck! Well, 50 cents actually since it was a pack of two for a dollar. I highly recommend this product!


Once in the shower I used my new shampoo and conditioner. I have been anxiously waiting to use this stuff. I only wash my hair about 3 times a week. I have pretty dry hair, so I don't worry too much about a lot of oil build up, which is lucky, because it's so much healthier to wash your hair less often. Anyway, I picked up this new shampooo and conditioner last week. I featured it in my haircare haul on you youtube channel (which you can check out here, if you haven't already!) and it's been sitting patiently waiting to be used since! It's the Tresemme Keratin Smooth Keratin infusing Shampoo and the matching conditioner. The shampoo is pretty standard. I didn't notice anything magnificent about it. But the conditioner is fantastic. It's super thick and luxurious. I found it to be super moisturizing! I like it a lot. I think I am really going to use this duo of products!


I went on to wash, shave and exfoliate my whole body. I exfoliate probably once a week. That might sound like a lot, but I have pretty dry skin, and I also like to do some self tanning in the summertime, so it's necessary for me. My body exfoliator of choice is the Calgon Ageless bath Exfoliating Mineral Scrub and Soak. This stuff smells amazing and does a fantastic job of sloughing off all the dead skin and leaving my skin super soft. My razor of choice, if you're wondering, is the Schick intuition Pure Nourishment Razor along with the Pure Nourishment Cartridges with Coconut Milk and Almond Oil. The bar around the razor's head is super moisturizing and takes away the need for shave gel, so it's super convenient, and it's super moisturizing. Love it!

I also exfoliated my face. My favorite facial scrub is the Clean & Clear Deep Action Exfoliating Scrub. This has a nice fine gritty texture that really helps to exfoliate the skin, without being super harsh. It's got a great cooling sensation as well that feels amazing and this stuff smells minty and wonderful. It's also super affordable which is a total plus!

Once out of the shower, I decided to continue with the spa treatment and use a face mask. I decided to go for another Clean and clear product. The Clean and Clear Blackhead Eraser Cleansing Mask. It's not my favorite mask in the world, I will admit, but it's the only one I have on hand. It does a decent job of clearing my pores.



Next I went through my hair, which from the hot oil and that awesome conditioner was feeling super soft and healthy, with a wide toothed comb and added some hair oil. The oil that I am currently using is the Extra Strength Moroccan Argan Oil Penetrating Oil. It's not the best hair oil I have ever used, but I do really like it. I never brush my hair anymore. I gave up brushing a few months ago and it's made a world of difference in the health of my hair. I just use a wide tooth comb. It helps battle frizz, which I struggle with a lot, and helps against breakage as well. The texture of my hair just works so much better when I just comb it!


The last step was to Moisturize!  For my arms, leg and chest I, of course, used my favorite gradual tanning lotion. It's the Equate brand Healthy Glow Firming Daily Moisturizer. I love this stuff. It's super moisturizing and the color builds up gradually so it's very natural looking and easy to use. I've talked about this product before, and I just love it. On the areas of my body that I don't need the extra color, I used another moisturizer from the Equate Brand. The Equate Cocoa Butter Conditioning Body Lotion. This stuff is amazing! It's super moisturizing, and absorbs quickly into the skin so it doesn't leave behind a greasy feeling on the skin. It's cocoa butter so it smells amazing, and the best part is, I got a bottle of the stuff for 97 cents at walmart! Can't beat that price. My nighttime facial moisturizer, which I totally forgot to photograph (oops!) is the Age Defying Instant hydration Night Cream by Olay. And lastly, to help sooth my feet, which are super dry and cracked, I used the Gold Bond Triple Action Relief Foot Cream. It might not be anything fancy, but this stuff works wonders for my poor feet!



And that concluded my mini at home spa evening. I ended the evening with a  a nice steaming cup of Sleepytime Tea in my favorite Scrabble mug!



What is your favorite at home spa ritual? I would love to hear from you, so be sure to leave me a comment down below!! I hope you enjoyed this post! I enjoyed sharing with you! Thanks for stopping by!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews