7/28/13

NOTD: Julep's Eileen taken up a notch

I love white nail polish in the summer. There's just something about it. It's just so stark and clean looking and it totally enhances your tan! I have a few different white polishes, but this time I decided on Julep's Eileen. It's from the Trina Turk collection they did back in the fall of 2012, but I received mine in my introductory box from Julep. I really do like this polish. Whites are notoriously difficult polishes to work with. But this one is not too bad. It wasn't super gloppy or too sheer. It applied opaque in two coats. The only problem I have with this polish, is that after a couple days wear it starts to get little cracks along the nail. It doesn't chip, exactly, just gets mini fractures in the polish. I don't have a camera with the ability to photograph what I am talking about, but it aint pretty! Luckily, I rarely wear a polish more than a day or two anyway, so it's not really a problem for me, but if you are looking for a nail polish with lasting power, this one might not be for you. Of course, it may just be the base or top coat I used interfering with the formula, but both times I have worn this polish I have had this issue. Anyway, for a little glitz, I added a silver glitter polish on top of the white. I used one from a set of ten polishes I got ages ago from shades of the seasons. It doesn't have a name, but it's just your basic silver glitter top coat. Nothing fancy.

I had a difficult time capturing this mani in photographs. Like I said, I don't have a great camera. Most of my mani photos are taken with my phone, which doesn't do this mani justice at all, but I thought I would share it with you anyway. Hopefully you don't mind the less than stellar photo quality!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews