8/9/13

Simple Summer Eye look

Can you feel it? Fall is creeping in. There's fall fashion in the shops, and in all the magazines. Fall collections for nail polish, candles, and makeup are all coming out. School is looming just around the corner for the kids. But while Fall is pushing in from all sides, I am still loving summer. It's still beautiful outside, although we did have some very fall like temperatures last week. The sun is still shining, the weather is still hot, and summer is still in full swing. And today I am rocking a very summer appropriate eye look, that I thought I would share with you!

In the summer. I like super easy, quick looks, because I am always in a hurry to head outside and enjoy the sunshine. I also enjoy bright pops of color. This look combines both of those things. It's super simple. One shadow all over the lids, a bright blue eyeliner and lots of lengthening mascara. 





I started out by sweeping the maybelline color tattoo in barely branded all over my lids and into the inner corner of the eye. This is a gorgeous neutral pearly color with a nice sheen that is so pretty and natural looking on the eye. It's a cream product that dries down nicely, and I have zero creasing with these. I did a whole overview on the maybelline color tattoos in a previous blog post, which you can find here. I love these! 

Next, I lined my eyes with one of my all time favorite eyeliners. It's the Elf waterproof eyeliner pen. I love these. These felt tip eyeliners are amazing. They don't dry up super quickly, they are all amazingly pigmented, and they don't flake or transfer. And the best part is that they are only two dollars! I did a whole rave on these on my youtube channel, which you can find here. The one I used today is "teal" which is actually a pretty nice, bright blue. Not really teal at all. But it's stunning, and the blue is fantastic for summer! From far away this looks like just any old black eyeliner, but up close, the blue really pops! I kept the liner super close to the lash line towards the inner corner of the eye and then thickened it up and winged it out at the outer corner. It made for a more dramatic, but still daytime appropriate look. 

The only other thing I did was curl my lashes and then add some mascara. I used a super lengthening mascara, the Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes. The wand on this mascara is awesome. It's wider at the bottom of the wand and comes up to a super tiny point that makes it perfect for getting into the inner corner of the eye and the little bottom lashes. This is one of the most lengthening mascaras I have tried, and I really love it! Bonus! I can get this mascara for just 4 bucks!! 



I finished off the rest of my face, keeping it very natural. I applied some foundation, some pink blush, and a nice neutral lip!


 Overall I love the finished look. Like I said, very summer appropriate and pretty. I hope you guys enjoyed!! If you have any questions about the other products I used (face, lips, etc) leave me a comment and I will gladly respond. Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews