8/28/13

[Tag] If I lost all my makeup...

I've never heard of this tag before, but someone in one of the makeup groups I am a part of on facebook posed this question, and I decided to do it here on my blog. The question is...if I lost all of my makeup what are the 10 products that I would repurchase. I am not sure what phenomenon happened that I lost all my makeup, but I have a very clear idea as to what I would repurchase immediately.

Foundation:


My favorite foundation of the moment in the covergirl outlast Stay fabulous 3-in-1 foundation. I wear the shade creamy natural. It's a very nice foundation with medium coverage and I love the finish. I think it does a nice job of covering my imperfections without being too much, or cakey. I love it!

Concealer:


I can't go without a concealer. No way! Ideally, I would have two concealers, one for undereye and one for blemishes. But, since I only have ten products I can purchase for this tag, I need to prioritize and choose a concealer that works for both. I really love the Elf Tone correcting concealer from their essential line. I know it's only a dollar, but it's a great little concealer. It blends easily and covers well. It's a great multi-tasker, and has a pleasant smell. I use the shade fair, which is just a shade lighter than my skin and it really helps brighten my under eye area. Love it!

3. Powder

As someone with dry skin, I generally don't really need to set my foundations, but I definitely need a setting powder for setting my concealer and for touching up throughout the day. My favorite powder is the NYC smoothskin pressed powder in translucent. It's a really nice finely milled powder that doesn't add any color or coverage. It's really smooth and does a fantastic job of setting, without caking up. It's one of those products that I rarely ever hear people talk about and I don't know why, because it's fantastic!


4. Blush:

Blush is one of my all time favorite makeup products. I think it makes such a difference to the face. I would need to choose a nice, neutral blush that I could wear all year 'round. So I would go with one of my favorite blushes. I love love love the blush from the Elf contouring blush and bronzer duo is St. Lucia. It's a gorgeous peachy-pink blush with some gold shimmer running through it. The shimmer is lovely, but not over the top. It's a bit powdery, but I find that the color compliments my skin so well that I don't really mind that. Plus, this has a dark brown bronzer that also has some gold shimmer running through it. It's not my favorite bronzer ever, but having that extra option, if I only have 10 makeup products is an added bonus! haha

5. Eyeshadow

If I can only purchase one eyeshadow palette, than you can bet I am going to go with one of my all time faves. The Urban Decay Naked palette is so incredibly versatile. It wouldn't even cross my mind NOT to pick it up again. It's got a great range of 12 neutral eyeshadows that are so soft and easy to blend. There are so many looks you can create with this one palette. Love it! It also comes with a little mini UD primer potion, which saves me from having to buy an eyeshadow base! Score! haha

6. Eyeliner

This is another one of those products that I would love to own at least two. I love my pencil liners but I love gel liners and liquid liners too! Gah! It's so hard to choose. But, most likely, my first liner purchase would be a pencil liner, and my favorite pencil liner is, without question, the Urban Decay 24/7 liner pencil in the color perversion. It's a super dark black! I love the Urban decay liners because they glide on easily and last forever, even in the water line! Perversion is gorgeous deep dark black. Love it!

7. Mascara

Mascara is my most used product. Even on days when I don't wear makeup, I wear mascara. There are so many amazing mascaras out on the market these days, and choosing just one would be incredibly difficult. Up until recently, I would have easily chosen Covergirl's lash blast mascara. And while I still love that one, I recently found one I like even better! At least for now it's my favorite. It's the Maybelline great lash lots of lashes mascara. It gives me a ton of length and volume, it's not too wet or too dry of a formula. The tapered brush makes it super easy to get into the inner lashes of the eye as well as the bottom lashes. It's just a fantastic mascara, and one of the most inexpensive mascaras out there at just around 5 bucks a tube!

8. Eyebrows

It is SO important to fill in your eyebrows. I never used to do it, and I don't know why, because it makes such a huge difference in the look of your face. Filling in your brows really frames the face and makes the whole look come together. I love the elf eyebrow kit in medium. It's got a tinted brow gel as well as a brow powder and it's the perfect product and the perfect color for me!

9. EOS lip balm in lemon drop

I love lip balm and can't go without it! I love the EOS lip balms, and lemon drop is my favorite because it's got SPF, which is a must have! :) It's great under my lipsticks, or on it's own. It's great protection and moisture for my lips!

10. lipstick

For lipstick, I want something neutral with a nice shine so that I don't need lip gloss (since I didn't leave room for one! haha) My favorite lipstick that meets all of those qualifications is the Rimmel London lipstick in Airy Fairy. It's a great neutral shade that goes with everything, glides on smooth and looks great on my skin tone. It's a must have for any lipstick lover, in my opinion!

So there ya have it! The ten products I would immediately repurchase if I lost all my makeup. Which products would you purchase? I would love to hear from you!!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews