10/27/13

September Ipsy Review

From now on you will be seeing reviews of my ipsy bags each month on my blog. I usually film a reveal video where I share with you the items I got in my ipsy bag for the month, and at the same time review the items from the previous months bag. It has occurred to me recently that people don't necessarily watch my ipsy videos to hear about past products, but just to see what comes in my bag each month. So from now on, the reviews will be here. So without further ado, let's go over my bag from September.

Last Month's bag theme was Classic Beauty and the items I received in the bag were all classic items that I was sure to get a lot of use out of, and for the most part, I did. When I first got my bag, I was actually pretty disappointed with items in the bag, but I did find after using them for the month that I liked a few of them quite a lot! 

-Nyx eyeshadow in the color in Morrocco. I really loved this eyeshadow. It's a gorgeous deep purple color that is not at all powdery, very easy to blend and quite pigmented. I used this color a lot over top of the my Mac painterly paint pot as a sort of one color eyeshadow look and I liked it a lot. It was really pretty especially with my green eyes. 

John Frieda Full repair full body Shampoo and Conditioner- I was really disappointed with these samples. While it was a good size sample for me to be able to try out this shampoo and conditioner, but I found that this did nothing for my hair. It cleaned my hair, but I felt like it dried it out and didn't leave it soft or healthy looking like I like. So I only used these samples twice. :(

Elizabeth Mott It's so Big volumizing mascara in black- I was not at all excited to see yet another mascara sample in my ipsy bag, because I have a ton of mascaras, and generally don't like the samples I receive. However, I LOVED this mascara. It is a super wet formula which I generally do not like, but this mascara gives my lashes so much length and volume. It doesn't flake or smudge on me at all, and it's just one of those miracle worker mascaras. I have no idea how much a full size of this mascara costs, but I am assuming it's quite expensive. If that's the case I probably won't re-purchase it, but I am definitely going to use up every bit of the sample size provided! 

Starlooks Kohl Eyeliner Pencil in the color Obsidian- This is another product I wasn't super excited about. How many black eyeliner pencils can one girl have? But I used it a lot this month and I did like it. It doesn't drag or pull when being applied and it's super easy to smudge for the perfect smokey look. It's not my favorite black kohl eyeliner ever but I will defenitely get a lot of use out of it, so that's great! 

So, while it wasn't my favorite bag ever, and I wasn't initially excited about a lot of the products, I did get a lot of use out of them all, except for the shampoo and conditioner, which I will pass on to a friend who I think will like them better. All in all, I am pleased with the bag overall. If you are interested in subscribing to ipsy and receiving 4-5 full size or deluxe size samples of awesome products each month, I highly reccomend that you sign up! There's a waiting list at the moment so the faster you sign up the faster you will get your goodies! You can sign up here! http://www.ipsy.com/?refer=u-h050i4dtdcr313k3

And if you're interested in seeing what I got in my October Ipsy Bag, you can check out my video below! 




Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear form you! Leave me a comment down below or use the contact bar on the right side of the blog to get in touch!! 



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome Jessi!! I loved this line: "How many black eyeliners can a girl have"? Hehehehe that was good! Liked the review AND the reveal!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews