12/1/13

Advent Calendar Nail Challenge: Day 1

If you follow me on instagram you might have already seen that this year I am going to attempt to participate in a manicure challenge that I came across while searching for inspiration for nail art for December. It's the Advent Calendar Challenge, which was created by someone named Kristi and Happy Hands and it goes a little something like this.


So each day you create a manicure based on the theme for that day. I thought this would be a great way for me to get back into nail art and challenge myself a bit, all the while giving me fun things to share with you all here on my blog and get me in the mood for the holiday season!

So hopefully everyday leading up until Christmas I will be posting a new fun manicure to share with you. I can't promise I won't skip a day here or there. And I can't promise that each day is going to be amazing, since I am still very much a novice at this whole nail art thing. Needless to say some of my attempts might not be all that "artistic" at all. But, while this is a challenge, I mean for it to be fun so I am going to have fun with it, do my best and not take it terribly seriously! I would love it if any of you would like to join me and begin this challenge as well. Even if, since I posted this so late in the day, you have to start a bit behind.

Day 1 of this challenge is just Red. So I started out super simple!


I painted my nails with two coats of the Sinful Colors Nail Polish in the color Sugar Sugar, which is a gorgeous Metallic Red. Then for a subtle added touch, which doesn't really show up at all in the photos, but promise me it's there, I added a coat of the Wet n Wild Megalast Polish in the shade On the 101 which is a sheer black base with medium red hex glitters. I applied this very thinly so the black base wouldn't effect the color overall much and would just add some subtle glitter. I really like the way it turned out. I wish it translated better in the photos.

So that's it for day 1 of this challenge. I am already thinking about creative ways to create my mani for tomorrow when the theme will be "Gold"! I can't wait! Thanks for stopping by! And if you are interested in getting a sneak peek of these manis before they hit my blog, you should add me on instagram, username Jwhackers, since I will be posting my manicures there as well!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews