12/8/13

Advent Calendar Nail Challenge: Days 7 and 8

I was so busy yesterday that I didn't find a free moment to photograph my nails and write up the blog post. I did find time to create the mani though. It's laughable, but I thought I would share it anyway. The theme yesterday was Ornaments, and so I attempted to free hand an ornament on each nail. It looks like my 5 year old did my nails, but hey, at least I tried!



I used my usual black and white. Wet n Wild Wild Shine "Black Creme" and "French White Creme" For the red, I used China Glaze "Poinsettia". The Green is China Glaze "Holly-Day" The Gold ornament is done in China Glaze "Gold Fusion". The Silver Ornament is Milani "Tricky Treat" and the Blue ornament in the Sally Hansen complete Salon Manicure in "Nightwatch"

Day 8's theme for the challenge is Starry Night"



For this design I used the Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure polish in "Nightwatch" as the base. It's a bit darker than it shows in the photos. Then, as accent nails I painted the Step 3 polish from the Kiss Gradation Set in Film Noir. It's a pretty holographic glitter polish that I think gives the look of a night sky spattered in stars. Then, I used the  Konad image plate number m3 and stamped the star design using wet n wild wild shine "french white creme" on the remaining nails. I love the overall look.

So there ya have my designs for days 7 and 8. Be sure to check back tomorrow when I attempt a design for day 9, when the theme will be pine!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews