7/11/14

ModCloth inspired Nail Art



If you are anything like me you often go on fashion websites and lust after all the beautiful clothing that you can't afford. One of my favorite websites for window shopping is modcloth.com I have to admit, I am not much of a dress wearer. I feel like my body type just doesn't look good in dresses. But for some reason I find myself perusing the dress section of modcloth's website constantly. They have so many beautiful, relatively affordable dresses.

So, when I received an email recently from ModCloth, asking me if I would be interested in being part of their Nail Klub and Dresses challenge, I jumped at the chance! The idea was to check out their huge range of dresses and use the inspiration in nail art. Well, I may have broken the rules. I couldn't pick just one! They just have SO many amazing dresses!  Check them all out here, to see what I mean

Today's nail art was inspired by some of the dresses that I have fallen in love with off of the website. I hope you enjoy!

This first dress is just too cute! It's the Coach tour dress in rouge. I love the collar detail and the look of the black buttons against the red dress!


The combination of the black and red together is just so classy looking. The nail art that this dress inspired is super simple. It's just red nails with a black dot accent nail that mimics the buttons on the collar. I think this mani would look so cute with this dress!

The red nail polish is China Glaze Poinsettia. I used two coats on each of my nails. Then I used a dotting tool and added the three black dots using Julep's Jet. I love the way it looks!

Another dress that I positively fell in love with from modcloth is the Evolution of elegance dress in green. Can we just talk about hw beautiful the different shades of green are together. And I just love the style.


 If only I had an occassion to wear a dress like this! Luckily, I don't need a special occassion to rock the mani that this dress inspired.


 To replicate the look of the dress I chose three different greens/blues. My middle finger is polished with sally hansen complete salon manicure in Loden Green. My index and ring fingers are new york color long wearing nail polish in tudor city teal and my pinkie and thumb are Julep's adrianna. I might not have gotten the colors to match the dress exactly, but you can see where the inspiration came from.

Lastly, I came across this dress and absolutely fell in love with how cute and funky it is. Much more casual than the others, but I adore the color scheme. The after the rainstorm dress just reminds me so much of a funky watercolor painting.



I had to try to recreate it on my nails!



This nail art didn't turn out exactly the way I saw it in my head but I still like it a lot! I started out by applying two coats of sinful colors white on white to act as a base. Next I chose the colors I wanted to use for the design. I chose 3 polishes from the sally hansen hard as nails xtreme wear line. The purple shade is Lacey Lilac. The pink shade is fuchsia power and the blue is blue me away. To achieve the look I opened each of the three polishes, and brushed most of the polish off the brush. Then with the mostly dry brush I brushed the different polishes on my nails in random patterns. Then, before the polish had a chance to dry all the way, I topped my nails with a matte top coat. This blended the colors together a bit and made my nails matte, which I think really lends itself to this manicure. I think my thumb and ring finger look the best, but overall I feel like it's a good representation of the dress!

So that's it for today! I hope you enjoyed this post. If you haven't done so before I highly recommend you check out modcloth for dresses. http://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses They have so many unique beautiful styles in a great range of sizes!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews