10/28/11

Save or Splurge: Riding Boots

I've decided to start a series called Save or Splurge. There are a lot of amazing clothing, accessory and make up items out there. Some, obviously are going to cost more than others. In this series, I am going to take an expensive item, and find less expensive versions of them.

The first item I wanted to cover are riding boots. These are gorgeous tall boots that are really in for fall. You can wear them with skinny jeans, skirts or dresses. They're functional in the wet and snow that comes with fall and winter while still being super cute. They can also be pretty pricey. Especially if you want real leather. Of course, there are also tons of faux leather options out there that can dramatically cut the cost. I've found three gorgeous, similar pairs, but in very different price ranges.

Anne Klein Carloew
These boots are absolutely Gorgeous. They sell on Zappos.com for $169.00 I am sure they are worth that price. They are made of leather, with a synthetic lining and sole. They've got a stacked heel and a cute vertical leather strap detail and buckle. And they got great reviews.



Annie Kensington Riding boots
Next, I went looking for a synthetic leather boot that was similar to the Anne Klein boots above. I found these beautiful Annie Kensington boots, also on Zappos.com The price point on these beauties is $79.95 These boots are very edgy looking. They boast a Faux distressed leather upper with plain toe and hardware accent for a motorcycle-mama look. A sturdy 1 and a half inch heel and a full zipper closure with hidden gore panel provides a calf-hugging fit.



Old Navy Riding Boots
Next I went looking for an even more inexpensive, but still attractive riding boot. I found my winner at OldNavy.com These riding boots will run you $38.00 They are available in Black, Brown and Gray. They feature a Faux leather upper, Side buckle detail and a one inch heel. To me, they have the same motorcycle boot feel as the Annie Kensington boots above, but at half the price!



So there you have it. Three fashionable, gorgeous pairs of riding boots at Three very different Price points! I personally chose the most inexpensive option, and snagged the old navy riding boots (in black!) Which pair is your favorite?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews