11/12/11

Make up Tutorial: Dusty Rose Gold


I did a look today that was so simple and yet turned out so beautiful so I thought I would share it with you all. I'm hoping that I can translate what I did into words. Let me know what you think of this tutorial. If it's too hard to follow, maybe i'll film the next one. Anyway, the look I did today is really gorgeous. It's a great rose colored eyeshadow with some gold in the crease. I used a ton of inexpensive products from NYC as well as my favorite BH cosmetics eyeshadow palette. It makes for a great day to day look, but could be amped up to wear at night. Here's what I used.




I started out by priming my eyelids. I used L'oreal De-Crease. This keeps the eyeshadow in place so that it doesn't crease, and makes it last all day. It's a great product and I highly recommend it! After that I chose a great shimmery cream colored eyeshadow (#1 in the photo) and using an eyeshadow brush I applied it all the way from my lash line to my brow bone. This makes a great neutral base. After that, I applied a rose colored shadow (#2 in the picture) all over my lid. Next, I just popped a little gold shadow (#3 in the picture) into the crease. After I blended it out to make it look natural, I went back in with the first color and applied it to my tear duct to make the inner corner of my eye pop, and that's it for the shadow!

After I finished with the shadow, I lined my upper lash line with NYC Liquid eyeliner in jet black. Once that dried, I lined my lower lash line with the NYC liner duet in mockingbird. I used the black side of the pencil along my bottom lash line and the white side just on the inner corner. It really helps brighten up the eyes and gives you a very awake look.

Once I finished with the liners, I curled my eyelashes and applied two coats of NYC Instant lash mascara to both my upper and lower lashes. That's it for the eyes!

On my cheeks, I used a pinky peach blush from the elf contouring blush and bronzing powder. It's a great colored blush, but it does have a ton of shimmer in it, so if you're not into shimmer on your cheeks, I wouldn't reccomend this product.

After that I just used an NYC liquid lip shine on my lips. I used the color 549U Dusty Rose. It's the perfect dusty pink color and compliments the rose colored eyeshadow.

And that's it. Super easy, and super pretty. What do you think of this look?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews