12/20/11

Holiday Eye Tutorial featuring Elf cosmetics

Today, I bring you an eye tutorial that I think is perfect for the holidays. Christmas is less than a week away! So let's just get started. (click the images for a larger view!)

start with a clean face. Prime your eyelid. I used the Elf essential eyelid primer in sheer. I didn't photograph that part, since there wasn't much to see.

So, for this tutorial I used the Elf essential eyeshadow quad in Day to Night. This is a gorgeous quad and a great value for only a dollar. The shadows are all gorgeous and shimmery and very pigmented.



Start out using the shade on the very right of the palette. it's a shimmery golden pink-y shade. Using a flat shader brush (I used one from coastal scents) pack it all over the lid and up into the crease.



Next take the wine colored shade and apply it into and just above your crease. I used a coastal scents pencil brush for this, but you can use whatever you prefer. You don't have to be too careful about it since we are going to blend it out. Next take a blending brush without any product on it and blend blend blend. You want to remove any harsh lines and blend the colors together some.






Next take the charcoal color in the quad and apply it to the outer corner of the eye just to darken that up. Blend it to remove any harsh lines.




Go back in with the pink-y gold shade and re-apply it to the lid just to touch everything up. Then take the lightest color in the palette and apply it to the brown bone and on the tear duct of the eye for highlight. Make sure to blend it so it looks natural. (I forgot to photograph this part, but you'll see it in the next photo! Sorry about that!)

Once you've completed that, line your eyes. You can use whatever type of eyeliner you prefer. I used the Elf studio cream liner in black. You can wing it out at the ends, which is what I did for a more dramatic look.



Lastly, curl your lashes and apply your favorite mascara. I used The NYC Instant Lash Mascara in Black.




That completes the eye look. I hope that this was simple and helped everyone be able to complete a beautiful, shimmery yet natural eye look that is perfect for the holidays. This look could aesily be darkened up by packing on the color more and darkening it up for a night look, but it's subtle enough to be worn during the day as well! Be sure to tell me down below what you think of this.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews