1/19/12

Trends I don't follow

There is a tag video going around youtube and it's the trends I don't follow tag. Now, I obviously don't make videos, but I don't see any reason why this can't be translated to blog form so here we go. You're supposed to list 2 beauty trends, 2 fashion trends and 2 just random trends. So let's get started with the beauty trends.

The first beauty trend that I do not follow is false eyelashes. I see people all the time wearing false lashes, and while I don't hate the way it look on a lot of people, I hate the way they look on me. I have very sad sparse short little eyelashes, and if I try to wear even the most natural looking false lashes I look like a freak. Not to mention the fact that I have the absolute worst time trying to get them on. Some people, especially on youtube, make applying them so simple, but it's a real struggle for me to get them on and like I said once I do, I look like a freak so I just don't bother with them.

The second beauty trend I don't follow is tanning. I don't tan in the summer, I don't go to tanning beds. I don't use self tanner, or any sort of fake tan products. I just embrace my super duper pale skin. I do use a bronzer to warm up my face and neck on occasion but that's as far as I go. I think that fair skin is really beautiful and natural looking, and It's a hell of a lot healthier than exposing myself to harmful rays of the sun. I think that self tanners are just a pain in the butt to use, and often look orange and streaky. So yeah, no tanners for me!

Next I will move on to fashion trends. The first fashion trend that I do not follow is Ugg boots. These are ridiculously popular and trendy, and I think that they are absolutely hideous, and way over-hyped and way over priced. I just don't see why anyone would wear them, but to each his own, I guess!

The second fashion trend that I don't follow is wearing crop tops. For obvious reasons. My body is not where I want it to be, so there is no way I am showing my stomach, but even with a camisole or something underneath crop tops look weird on me. The proportion of them, is just wrong for my body type and it's not at all attractive.

Lastly are two random trends. This one will come as no shock to anyone. I do not watch Jersey shore, or american idol or any of those other reality tv shows that are so unbelievably popular. I just don't find them at all entertaining. In fact, I don't watch much television at all. It's just not me.

I can't really think of a second random trend I don't follow. In general I tend to not follow trends at all. I mean, if I really like something and it happens to be trendy than that's cool, but I don't generally do something JUST because it's trendy. So yeah. Feel free to do this if you want, and leave me comments below! I promise more beauty related entries are coming soon!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews