4/26/12

My all time favorite Products

I was going to sit down and write my monthly favorites post today, but since I haven't purchased any new make up this month, and I have pretty much just been using the same products everyday it would be a pretty boring post. So instead, I thought I would share with you my favorite products of all time. These are products that I consider to be my holy grail products. Cosmetics that no matter how many new things I try, I keep going back to them. It might be a specific brand that I know I can always count on, or it might be a specific shade or color that I purchase and repurchase constantly. If I do not have a product listed for a certain category (for example, I have not listed any concealers) it is because I have not yet found my absolutely can't live without brand, and I would love to hear your suggestions in a comment below!

Foundation: Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 hour foundation in Ivory
I love this foundation. I like that it comes in a squeeze tube, which is super easy to work with. I never have to worry about too much coming out, like I often do with a pump. I like that the color matches my skin. I often fin that foundation that is light enough for me is super yellow, and I have a lot of pink undertones to my skin, so it doesn't always work. This one has a yellow base to it, but it's not too over the top. It's easy to buff in to my skin and is a nice medium coverage.

Loose Powder: Elf HD powder
I just recently started using this (and a full review is coming for the blog soon) but I absolutely love it. It applies so beautifully and really helps to set my foundation and leave my skin looking absolutely flawless. At $6 it is worth every penny (and practically a steal compared to the price of MUFE HD powder which it is often compared to).

Pressed Powder: NYC Smooth Skin
I love this powder. I reach for this more often than I reach for the loose powder, because let's face it, it's easier to work with, and just as pretty a finish. It makes my skin feel so soft, and it keeps away shininess all day (although, I do not have oily skin, so YMMV). I love this powder, and will forever repurchase it!

Eyelid Primer: ELF eyelid primer in sheer
I have talked about this product many times before, but I will talk about it again, because it really is that good. I have tried more expensive brands before but this one wins out because not only does it bring out the pigmentation of the eye shadows I use and allow my eyeshadow to stay on all day without creasing, it also only costs a dollar! I find this to be very comparable to the much more expensive Urban Decay Primer Potion, and would be happy to do a comparison post if anyone is interested in seeing how comparable the products are.

Pencil Eye Liner: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Eye Pencils
I hated to even list these, because these are more expensive and not quite budget friendly, which is what my blog is supposed to be about. However, These eye liners are WORTH it! I have never actually paid full price ($19.00) I have always purchased a set or palette on sale that came with a travel size pencil. So there are affordable ways to try these out. But be warned, once you try them, you may never want to go back to the bargain pencils again. These literally do glide on nice and smooth, and DO last like they claim. They comes in a large assortment of colors as well, which is a bonus. I just placed an order for a set of brightly colored UD eyeliner Pencils this morning, and I can't wait to use them!

Gel Eye Liner: ELF cream eyeliner
I love love love Elf's cream eyeliners. They are so super easy to apply, come in a good variety of colors and last for hours and hours! They are so easy to work with. Don't smear all over the place, and the price is definitely right at just 3 dollar a piece.

Eye Shadows: Urban Decay, Elf, WEt 'n Wild, BH CosmeticsI can't pick just one company. I am obsessed with eye shadow. It's the one product that I buy the most. I love the eyeshadow formula from urban decay because they are absolutely smooth and flawless. They are also quite expensive if you pay full price, which is why I only buy them in palette form, and only then when they are on sale. You can get great deals shopping UD's sale page! Elf makes a ton of great eyeshadow options as well. I especially love their essential quads, because the eyes hadows are all great quality, and the quads only cost a dollar each. Wet n wild has an amazing line of eye shadows. They are all super soft, smooth and blend-able, and are also totally affordable! I also adore the palettes from BH cosmetics. They are great quality eyeshadow and there are tons of palettes to choose from (coastal scents also have palettes that are comparable, but I have found that BH cosmetics tends to be a bit cheaper!)

Blush: ELF Studio Blushes
I love elf blushes. There is a great range of colors and finishes. They go on smooth and last all day. The shimmery shades are not Over the Top shimmery. And they are all wearable with the right technique. I have tried quite a few elf blushes, and eventually hope to try them all. They are fantastic, especially considering their $3 price point!

Lip Gloss: Elf
I cannot imagine paying a ton of money for lip gloss, and that is why I love Elf lip glosses. Where it be their essential hypershine glosses for a dollar, their mint lip glosses from the studio line for $3 or anything in between, the glosses are all great quality and totally affordable. I love the variety of colors and types of packaging to choose from. You really can't go wrong with Elf's lip glosses. So that about covers it! I will always keep going back to these products because they are tried and true and totally awesome! What are some of your go-to beauty products? Leave me a comment and let me know! Note: all the above photos are stock photos. Not taken by me (I was too lazy to take that many pictures! haha)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews