7/25/12

My most worn summer lip combinations

In the summer, I tend to pretty much do the same make up everyday. It's hot, and we're always on the go, and so I tend to reach for the same products again and again out of ease. So most days, my look is pretty much the same. The one thing that I do to mix it up a bit is to wear different lip products, even if the rest of my face routine pretty much remains unchanged. So, while I was cleaning out my handbag, and switching my things over to a different one, I realized that I had a ton of lip products in my bag. Whenever I am going somewhere, I tend to toss the lip products I am wearing into my bag for touch ups. The products in my bag, therefor, tend to be my most worn. Before I put the products back into my collection, I figured I would share with you what they were!





1. Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Creme Brulee and Elf luscious liquid lipstick in caramel candy- This is my ultimate favorite nude lip. It's nude without being flat, so it doesn't give you that sort of dead mannequin look that some nude lip sticks do. this combination makes for a nice sheen that brings life to your face, while keeping it neutral enough so that I can rock a more colorful blush if I want. This combination is also great when you're wearing a fun brightly colored eye look.

2. Elf Studio Matte Lip Color in Coral and Elf Glossy Gloss in Dragon Fruit- This lip combo just screams summer to me. something about the corally-pink color just makes me think of fun days at the beach and picnics in the park. I love it. The matte lip color is a bit harsh on it's own, in my opinion, but with that shiny shade of gloss it's the perfect summer pout!

3.Elf essential lipstick in flirtatious and Elf plumping lip glaze in oasis- I wear this combo so much it ought to be a crime. But, I can't help it! I love the bright blue-based bubble gum pink, and the shimmery sparkle of oasis on top is so pretty.

4. Elf essential lipstick in gypsy and Love and Beauty Lip Gloss in shimmery sheer pink- Gypsy is such a beautiful lipstick color. When I first got it I was a little intimidated, but it is the prettiest purpl-y fuchsia color. It can be sheered out for the prettiest sheer lip, or built;t up for a crazy pop of color. I like it best worn a bit sheerer. And the pink shimmery gloss from forever 21 adds a gorgeous sheen that brings it up a notch!

5. NYC lipstick in sheer Red and Elf lucious liquid lipstick in Ruby Slipper- I have never really been a fan of red lips. But this lipstick makes red lips a no brainer. It's a sheer, very wearable red. It can be worn in a single layer and be appropriate for day, or built up for a gorgeous night time red. Paired with the sheer red gloss from elf, it makes for the perfect summer date night lip!






So there ya have it. there's my most worn lip combos as of late! I hope you enjoyed this post! What are some of your favorite lip color combinations for summer? Leave me a comment below and let me know!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews