8/27/12

Hair tutorial: super easy sock bun!

As you all know if you have been reading my blog, I have very curly, frizzy hair that can be a pain to work with. I have to put a lot of product in it to look nice, or else use a lot of heat. And failing that, when I don't have a lot of time, I tend to do a lot of pony tails. It's just the simplest, fastest way to get my hair looking decent. But on days when I don't have a ton of time, and don't want a simple pony tail, I have been doing a sock bun. It's super cute, super easy, and a great summer look that I think will will also be great in the fall time. It's so chic!




There are several different ways to do a sock bun. This one is my favorite!

What you need:
A sock similar to your hair color (I used black)
Scissors
hair ties
comb
hair spray
bobby pins

1. The first thing you need to do is cut off the toe of the sock you are going to use. I think this is a great way to use those socks that have inevitably lost their mate. After you have cut off the toe, roll the sock in on itself so that it forms a donut shape. (you can also buy hair donuts already made, but why waste your money? a sock does the same thing, plus you get to use up your single socks!)

2. Comb your hair and pull it back into a pony tail. you can do it at whatever height you want. If you want a high bun, start out with a high pony tail. If you want a lower bun, start out with a lower pony tail.

3. pull your pony tail through the hair donut you made from the sock so that the sock covers the hair tie you used to secure your pony tail

4. Pull the hair donut down to the bottom of the pony tail.

5. Start rolling your hair up the hair donut. Make sure that all of your ends get tucked under as you roll the donut up.

6. continue rolling until you reach the top of your pony tail

7. Secure is you wish with bobby pins and spray it all with hair spray to keep it in place.

It's very easy to do, but not exactly easy to explain. There are plenty of videos out there showing you how to do this. One of my favorites if from MakeupbytiffanyD on youtube. You can watch that video here. You should subscribe to her channel if you haven't already. She's great!

So there you have it. a super easy, super chic hairstyle. I hope you enjoyed this hair tutorial. If you have any suggestions or questions, leave them below in a comment.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

No Problem! Thanks for Reading! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews