1/23/13

Weigh in Wednesday and what I eat in a day!

Good morning, everyone! It's Wednesday, which means it was time to step on the scale and see if my hard work and dedication paid off this week. It did! I was VERY excited to step on the scale and see a nice loss.

Starting weight: 242
Last Week: 233.8
Current Weight: 231.1

So, as you can see, I lost 2.7 pounds this week! And I've lost a grand total of 10.9 pounds! I've lost 10 pounds! Yay! So exciting! Obviously I still have a long way to go before I get to where I want to be, but The first 10 pounds is gone, and the rest will come off with time!

This week I did really good. I feel like I was in pretty good control of what I was eating. The weekends are always harder than the weekdays, but I went to a party over the weekend at my sister's house and managed not to overindulge too much, so yay for that!

I thought today that I would share with you all what I eat in a typical day. I aim for between 1200 and 1500 calories. My calorie count generally lands in the middle at around 1300. I don't find it too difficult to stick to this goal. I eat a lot of fruits and veggies and low calorie things, so I can get a lot out of my calories everyday.

I post a lot of photos of my meals on instagram, so I thought I would share some of those photos with you. I like a lot of variety in my meals, but I have a few meals that I eat all the time, and love!

A typical Breakfast

I tend to go either sweet or savory for breakfast. My favorite breakfast lately has been a low calorie breakfast sandwich. I usually make it with a turkey breakfast sausage patty and a lice of fat free cheese on an English muffin. Sometimes I add an egg for extra protein. It's a yummy breakfast and a great low calorie option. Another breakfast that I eat quite often is yogurt with a bit of fruit mixed in. I like vanilla or Strawberry yogurt mixed with strawberries, bananas or grapes. It's a great, light breakfast for when I am not feeling super hungry in the morning. I also always have one cup of coffee every morning. Usually just one, though sometimes I break down and have two. I don't photograph that, but it's always the same. A cup of folgers with 3 teaspoons of creamer and a splenda packet.




For lunch, I tend to go for typical lunchtime things. I will have a can of soup, or else a sandwich. If I have a sandwich I generally pair it with a piece of fruit or some crunchy veggies. Sometimes I have baked potato chips alongside my sandwich. I also love things like cottage cheese.


Dinner!

Dinner tends to be the meal where I mix it up most often. Since I am generally cooking for my whole family, and  my hubby and kids tend not to like to eat the same things over and over again. So lots of variety there. I like to make low calorie versions of some of my favorite meals. I make low calorie chicken fajitas sometimes! And every Monday we have soup and salad day. We had soup and salad and sometimes we have bread or a sandwich with it. It's nice on busy Mondays to always know what we are having, and it's a great healthy night!!



Snacktime!

Snacks are probably the most important part of my day. They keep me going between meals, and they are the time when I find it easiest to slip up. Before I started my weight loss journey, I would snack and munch pretty much all day long, and sometimes it's hard not to do that out of habit. Some of my healthy snack choices are fruit, string cheese and 100 calorie bags of popcorn. I find when I have healthy snacks in the house it's easy to make healthy choices. When the groceries start running out it's harder, but I have been doing pretty well most of the time!






Hydration is key!

I don't like to drink my calories when I can help it. Sodas and juices and lattes are full of empty calories. So most of the time I drink water. It's so good for you! And I find that I can drink it down pretty easily as long as it's iced! I am not waters biggest fan, but I am getting used to it, and even starting to enjoy it! Of course, I can't drink water all the time! I already told you about my coffee every morning, but other than that, I also LOVE green tea. I never expected that I would because I tried it in the past and wasn't a fan. But I like just plain old straight green tea. None of that green tea with other stuff mixed in. My favorite is twinnings green tea with a packet of splenda. I generally have a cup a day! Green tea is supposed to be great for you. It's supposed to help aid in digestion and be full of antioxidants. I don't know about that, but it sure is yummy!






So there ya have it. That's some of the things I eat in a typical day! I also have desert sometimes, too. I like low calorie Ice cream bars and ice cream sandwiches. I also love fruit. It's good to treat myself every once in a while, so that I don't binge and overindulge. I always count the calories in my desserts and be sure to track them. I think it's good to have something sweet every once in a while. I never feel deprived of anything even with all of my diet changes. I think that's why it has been so easy to stick to!

If you would like to see more of what I eat in a typical day, you should really follow me on Instagram. I take photos of the foods that I eat just about every day. I also post photos of other fun beauty related things, too. So go find me on there!

Are you on a weight loss journey, or just trying to eat healthier in 2013? Comment down below and let me know how you are doing! Keep up the good work, and if it wasn't a good week for you, don't get discouraged! You can do it! I can do it! Let's do it together!!

Thanks for reading everyone, and thanks, once again for the support!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews