3/11/13

Urban Decay Ammo Palette Review and Swatches

Hey guys! So today I am bringing you a review on the Original Urban Decay Ammo palette. I am so excited to be bringing you this post, because this was the very first Urban Decay Palette I ever saw in stores and swatched and really fell in love with. I didn't buy it back then because I felt like the price was a little high, but when this little guy went on sale, you know I jumped at the chance to own it! 

The Urban Decay Ammo Palette is a small cardboard palette that contains 10 eyeshadows and one eye shadow applicator. The design of the packaging it super cute. It's all done up in purples (My favorite color!) and the front has a felt gun firing out all sorts of pretty swirls and butterflies and designs. It's super cute. The inside features the actual product as well as a nice, big mirror. 




The eyeshadows in this palette are: Smog, a deep coppery bronze shimmer. Mildew, a moss green eyeshadow with lots of shimmer. Oil Slick, a matte black with tons of silver micro glitter. Last Call, a gorgeous metallic purple shade. Chopper, a copper shimmer shadow with silver micro glitter. Maui Wowie, a metallic golden beige with silver glitter. Shattered, a light turquoise shadow. Polyester Bride which is a white shadow with silver micro glitter. Grifter is a sheer lavendar shimmer shadow with silver micro glitter. And Sin is a gorgeous champagne shadow.  








All the swatches are in the same order as the sdhades in the palette. As you can see they are all bright, very pigmented and they all contain some sort of shimmer. You won't find any matte shades here! This palette is full of fun shadows to play with! Urban Decay's Ammo palette is designed with ease of use in mind. All of the shades match up vertically so you can use them as duos and not fear about them not going together! This is great for a beginner that is still trying to figure out what shadows to pair together! No mistakes here. And of course, you can mix and match, but I like the idea that UD put together the shadows into duos for ease of use!

Overall I really like this palette. It's not one that I reach for every single day. The bright colors and glitter-y shadows make this more of a fun night out palette for me, but I think it's definitely possible to get a more subdued neutral look out of this palette as well, if you are careful. It's not my most reached for palette by any means, but the adorable packaging and the beautiful shadows make this a must own palette for me, especially when you factor in the price, which was 19 dollars on sale! They reduced the price on this one because they recently reformulated all of their eyeshadows and came out with a newer version of this palette, which contains all of the same shades, just in their new formula. The shadows are said to be smoother and easier to blend. So, by all means, if that is important to you get the reformulated one, but I am just fine with this original palette. I find all the shadows relatively easy to work with if I use a nice eyeshadow base and clean up the fallout from the shimmer. If you aren't into shimmer, or fall out, you might want to skip this one, since it's chock full of glittery goodness!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews