12/18/13

Advent Calendar Nail Challenge Day 16: Inspired by a Christmas Song

Yep, I am still a couple of days behind! Sorry! But, I am super excited about the theme for Day 16! Inspired by a Christmas Song. One of my favorite Christmas songs is "Silver and Gold" by Burl Ives. I couldn't help but do a silver and gold manicure!



After I applied my base coat to protect my nails, I applied two coats of Julep's "Amity" Technically this is a white gold shade, not quite silver, but I feel like a super metallic silver color wouldn't have worked as nicely with gold. Once "Amilty" was completely dry, I sponged the gold I chose to use, China Glaze's "Mingle with Kringle" on just the tips. Then when that was dry, I added just a bit of chunky gold glitter, Elf's "Gold Star" to the tips of my nails by just dabbing the nail polish brush. Overall I think it's a beautiful manicure. I love the mix of silver and gold and the added bling that the chunky glitter adds. Gradient manicures are so fun, aren't they? Everytime I look down at my nails, I start singing that song, too, which is really putting me in the Holiday Spirit! It's just a week until Christmas! I hope you're all having an amazing Holiday season so far, and I hope you'll join me tomorrow for my next themed manicure for this challenge! See ya soon!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews