12/23/13

Makeup MVPs for 2013: Face Edition

At the end of every month, on my youtube channel, I share my favorite makeup products of the month. It's a great way for me to let my viewers know the products I am using and loving and gives me a chance to give mini reviews of products! This is going to be a little bit different. Today, I am going to share with you my MVPs! Basically my holy grail products that I have tried and used and loved over the last year. Kind of the best of the best. I'll be breaking this up into 4 or 5 different sections. Including face, cheeks, lips, eyes and maybe even skincare products and/or hair products. We'll see. We're going to start, though, with my favorite Face Products from 2013. 




Foundation: In the past, I have always said that the Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 hour foundation is my all time favorite. I still absolutely love that one, but this year I discovered something that I like even better. The covergirl outlast stay fabulous 3-in-1 foundation. I wear the shade number 820 Creamy Natural. I really love this foundation. I think it would be a great one for oily skinned gals, because it dries down to a really nice matte finish. As for me, I am dry skinned, but I still find this foundation works well for me with a good moisturizer. This foundation is medium to full coverage, lasts all day and I don't find it to be cakey at all. It's a very affordable foundation, available at the drug store, and I really love it!

Foundation application: I go back and forth between a couple of different methods of foundation application. When I want a lighter coverage from my foundation I absolutely love my beauty blender. It's a fantastic makeup sponge, and even though it's a bit on the pricey side, I feel like it's absolutely worth it. It expands when you get it wet and allows me to stipple on my foundation effortlessly. It gives a great airbrushed look to my foundation and I love the look! When I want to use a brush, my favorite is the Sigma f82 Round top Kabuki Brush. This brush is amazing. It's incredibly dense, while still being soft, and the shape of the brush allows me to apply my foundation with ease. Again, this brush is a bit on the pricier side, when compared to say, drugstore brushes, but I think it's well worth it!

Concealer: For the under-eye area, I absolutely love the Maybelline instant age rewind eraser dark circles in the color fair. I have tried the brightener one, and I don't like it that much, but the fair is just a shade lighter than my skin tone and I find it conceals my under eye circles amazingly well, while also brightening that area. This concealer is on the thin side so it's incredibly easy to blend without tugging on the gentle area around the eyes and yet it still gives tons of coverage. I highly recommend this concealer and will not be without it!
As for a blemish concealer, I absolutely love the L'oreal True Match super blendable crayon concealer. I use the color fair and it's a pretty good match for my skin. It's a very creamy concealer so it's super easy to blend, and it covers blemishes like a dream! And once again, a drugstore price that just can't be beat!

Concealer Application: I apply concealer most often with my fingers, but when I want a brush to blend out my concealer I really love the Sigma Dome shaped Kabuki brush. It's domed tip makes it really easy to blend in concealer and the shape fits well. It's very dense so it blends amazingly well, and it's super soft! I love it!

Powder: Nothing I have tried beats the NYC Smooth skin pressed powder in translucent. I have been using this powder for years and I absolutely love it. For the price I don't think you can beat it! It's incredibly affordable and does a fantastic job of setting foundation and concealer. It's very finely milled powder considering the price and it does not cake up. I generally apply this with a big fluffy powder brush. No one brush seems to work better than any other.

Primer: I don't wear primer everyday under my makeup. Generally just a moisturizer and I am good to go. But when I want my foundation to really last and be flawless, I do, and the primer that I like the best is the Rimmel London Fix and Perfect Pro. It's a great silicone style primer that glides on effortlessly and fills in my pores to make my foundation glide on effortlessly. I love it!

Setting Spray: The final step in my face makeup application is a setting spray, and the one that I discovered this year and absolutely fell in love with is the Nyx dewy Finish Makeup setting spray. Because I have dry skin I love anything with a dewy finish and this gives me a really subtle beautiful dewy glow, and makes my makeup last all day. I really love what a fine mist of product I can get with this, and it's incredibly affordable. Just a fraction of the cost of the higher end ones, and now Nyx is being sold in my local target so I can get my hands on this product super easily! huzzah!

So there ya have it. While there are plenty of other face products in my makeup collection, these are the ones that I go back to again and again and again, and have reached :holy grail" status for me. These are the products I would NOT want to be without! Be sure to subscribe to my blog so you won't miss the next installment of this series, my MVP Cheek products, which will include blush, bronzer and highlighting products! I can't wait to share it with you all!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews