4/28/14

Elf Lip Balm Tints Review and Swatches!

It's been quite a while since I did a review on my blog, and I really want to get back into it. And I thought this would be the perfect product to start out with! The Lip Balm Tints from Elf have been out for a little while, and when I finally made an order from their website I had to include a couple of them because I have heard really good things about them. I am super glad that I did!

Here are the details on this product, straight from Elf's website, eyeslipsface.com


The lip balm tints are available from Elf's essential line and cost just 2 dollars each. Each lip balm tint contains 4 grams of product and comes in a clear tub with a white lid. They are available in  4 shades. Nude, Peach, Grapefruit and Berry. When I placed my order only two of the shades were available. The others were out of stock. So today I have a review of the lip balm tints in Peach and Grapefruit.



I found the lip balms to feel very nice on the lips. They are very moisturizing and made my lips feel very soft. They do not seem to have much of a smell, but they do taste a bit sweet when you lick your lips. I did not find them to be sticky at all, and while the color is not super long lasting, it's what I would expect from a tinted lip balm. I am generally not a fan of the style of lip balm that comes in a pot that you have to stick your finger in to apply, but at this affordable price, I don't mind, and you can easily use a lip brush.

The color is not incredibly pigmented, but again, from a tinted lip balm you don't expect it to be. "Grapefruit" is the more pigmented of the two. It's a lovely sheer pink shade that I find quite flattering. It's also a lovely glossy shade that is incredibly easy to wear!

"Peach" is slightly more sheer than "grapefruit" and a good option if you are more concerned with moisturizing your lips and less so about the color. It's a lovely super sheer peach shade that appears pretty much translucent on my lips except for the glossy finish.

Top: Grapefruit Bottom: Peach, with flash

Top: grapefruit, Bottom: Peach, no flash

Overall I am very pleased with these lip balm tints! I like the color payoff, the moisturizing quality and I even like the simply packaging. For the price, I think these are definitely worth checking out if you're in the market for a product like this! These are available for purchase from eyeslipsface.com and while I haven't seen them pop up in my local target yet, I did notice them in my local walgreens, so you might have luck there! I hope you found this post helpful! And I will be back again soon with more reviews of the products I have picked up recently from Elf, so if you are interested, make sure to check back soon!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews