10/21/11

Fall Nail Polish Picks


It's another Nail Polish post, but what can I say? I love Nail Polish! I'm not all that great at applying it, but I think that having the right polish on your nails can really enhance any outfit! I am always on the look out for good, inexpensive nail polish brands. Because I change my nail color often, I don't necessarily need my nail polish to be chip proof. As long as I can get a day or two of wear out of the polish, I am good to go. So, I thought I would share my Top 5 Nail polishes for fall. I just grabbed these out of my collection. There are plenty of others still on the store shelves that I am dying to get. I'm sure there will be a nail polish wish list post coming up very soon!

Top Five Fall Nail Polishes (from My collection)

1. New York Color Spring Street
I know what you are thinking. It's got spring in the title, so it's probably not the best polish for fall. However, I am of the opinion that Nail Polish is not seasonal. I know a lot of people choose to wear darker colors in the fall/winter, but I just wear what I like. Besides, Spring Street is a gorgeous Orange color that I think is perfect for the months of October and November. The formula on this one is really great. It's from the "In a new York Color Minute" range. Which basically means It's a quick dry polish. It's literally dry in a minute. And it's very opaque. I can get away with just one coat! (Though I usually do two). The best part about this Polish is the Price. I paid around 2 dollars for it! And it's definitely a color that can be worn all year long (in my opinion)

2. New York Color Lincoln Square Lavender
Here is another color from the same line as the one above. This is a gorgeous pinky-purple shade. I'm awful at describing colors. I wish I had swatches for you, but I don't. I'm positive I will use this color in a nail of the day blog post soon enough, because it's one of my all time favorites (not just for fall!) Again, the formula is great, and the color is another one that I think is perfect all year round!

3. New York Color Starry Silver Glitter
Yet another one from New York Color. But this one is just from their regular line. The big selling points for me with this polish are the price tag (94 cents!) and the shimmer. This is a clear base with tons of tiny silver glitters. There's also some blue and pink larger chunks of glitter. This is definitely a party polish! I wear it either alone, or over any matte nail polish and it looks fantastic!

4. OPI Yodel Me On My Cell
OPI is a fantastic brand of nail polish, but it can be a little pricey. I personally don't like spending 7-8 dollars on a bottle of nail polish when I can spend 2-3 for a color I like just as much. However, I do love the formula of OPI and when I found a collection of 4 mini bottles of OPI (it is the Opi Swiss Collection- Irre-Swiss-Ables Mini Set) for around 4 dollars, on sale, I couldn't pass it up. I am glad I didn't, because now that the fall months are here, I have found that I am really loving the colors! Yodel Me on My Cell (I love the name!) is a sapphire blue color. It's not a true navy, it's lighter. But it's a great color. I love it and I see myself wearing it a lot this fall/winter. I wore this in my recent nail of the day post. Check it out!

5. OPI Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous
this is another polish from that little set I found on sale. It's a gorgeous gun metal grey with a ton of shimmer in it. I don't know how else to describe it. It's a fun color that goes with everything. And Grey's are really hot this fall if you are worried about following any trends!

So that's it. The Top 5 polishes for fall that I currently have in my collection. What are your favorite Nail Polish colors to wear during the chilly, autumn months?




note: If you want to check out the Opi Swiss Collection- Irre-Swiss-Ables Mini Set you can get it on amazon for anywhere from 3-4 dollars right now. It's a great way to get these awesome colors, and check out the formula of OPI to see if you like it. The nail polishes in the set that I did not mention in my favorites above are "Color So Hot it Berns" (a gorgeous red) and a RapiDry Top Coat, which isn't my favorite top coat ever, but it's not terrible

I am not affiliated with any of these companies. My opinions are my own. can

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews