2/20/13

Urban Decay Mariposa Palette Review

It's been a while since I wrote up a review post for this blog. I decided since this palette is on sale right now on Urban Decay's website, it would be a good time to review it. I purchased this palette from the sale pale of UD's website for 19 dollars.I love Urban Decay's eyeshadows. They are probably my favorite high end eyeshadows. They colors are incredibly pigmented, and they go on smoothly. The only negative thing I can think to say about these eyeshadows is that Urban Decay is notorious for having a lot of shimmer in their eyeshadows, and some of these shades are no exception, but I don't mind the shimmer. Yes, there is some glitter fall out, but it's nothing that I can't handle. I think the pigmentation and how easy these shadows are to work with more than make up for it.

The packaging on this palette is really cute. The eyeshadows come in this very durable tin, that has hinges at the top, so it opens up like a book. The design is a gorgeous butterfly (Mariposa means butterfly in Spanish) When you open it up, the eyeshadow pans are encased in cardboard. The cardboard is purple and has butterflies printed on it. Super cute. There is no mirror with this palette, which I do miss. I wish it had a mirror.   This palette also comes with a cute small sized eyeshadow brush, which is actually pretty nice.




The shadows in this palette are gorgeous. There are 10 eyeshadows. You get Rockstar, Gunmetal, Skimp, Infamous, Wreckage, Haight, Money, Mushroom, Spotlight and Limelight.

Rockstar is a gorgeous deep purple. Gunmetal is a metallic gray color with silver micro-glitter. Skimp is a creamy color. Infamous is a nice fuchsia shade, Wreckage is a medium toned taupe shade with micro-glitter.
Haight is a gorgeous mermaid blue shade that is really eye catching. Money is kind of a light grayish green color with gold glitter. Mushroom is my favorite shade in the palette. It's a warm pale gray satin-y shade. Spotlight is a light mocha with gold glitter and Limelight is a very rich bronze with gold glitter

I think that it's possible to create a lot of different eyeshadow looks with this palette. I feel like all of these shades compliment each other very nicely. They apply smoothly and with the exception of the glitter is those shades where I indicated glitter, not much fall out. The colors are incredibly pigmented and not powdery at all. Here are some swatches of the beautiful shades. These swatches are done on bare skin, and are just one swipe of color.










And here is a look that I created using this palette. I have Mushroom all over the lid, Rockstar in the outer corner, spotlight in the crease very lightly and skimp in the inner corner and on the browbone for a highlight.










Overall, I really recommend this palette. I think it's a gorgeous combination of colors, and a great palette to purchase if you are new to urban decay eyeshadows because there is a nice mix of colors and neutrals, and different formulas of shadows. As I said above, you can get this palette right now on Urbandecay.com for $19. That breaks down to just under 2 dollars an eyeshadow! That's cheaper than some drugstore shadows, and the quality on these just can't be beat!

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed this post and found it useful! Don't forget to subscribe to the blog if you like the content. You can also check out my youtube channel at www.youtube.com/Jwhackers



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews