2/25/13

February Polish Picks!

Hi everyone! Can you believe that February is already at an end? This month positively flew by! I wanted to go ahead and share with you all of the nail polishes that I wore in the month of February. Since February is a short month, I don't have quite as many nail polish picks as last month, but there's still quite a few to share with you so let's just jump right in!

The first polish I chose to wear in the month of February is an Elf nail polish in Sea Escape. It's a beautiful polish that totally reminds me of a mermaid. It's a duo chrome polish with lots of shimmer in it. In some lights it looks blue, others green, and sometimes it even seems to flash purple! I had a really hard time photographing this one. It kept photographing black! So It's not a fantastic picture, but it is a fantastic polish! This one lasted me about 4 days before it started to chip. I wish it had lasted a bit longer, because it's gorgeous and I loved wearing it!


After I took off that gorgeous sea escape, I went with something quite a bit more demure! I chose an NYC Expert Last Nail polish in the color cotton candy. It's a beautiful sheer cotton candy pink. I topped it with the Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Nail polish in the color Strobe Light which is a pink and holographic glitter polish. This made for a very pretty manicure. The pink is a cool toned pink and it played beautifully against my skin and actually made me look a bit tanner, which I gotta say was an added bonus. I liked this one a lot!



I wore this polish straight up until Valentine's Day, and while the pink was more than suitable for a valentine's day nail, I decided to change it up and do a classic red nail! I chose another NYC polish, this time a long wearing nail enamel in the color Big apple red. This was the perfect Valentine's day red. a simple cream formula with no bells and whistles, but I loved it! Everyone needs that classic red nail polish and this one you can get for under a dollar!



Next I chose an Orly polish that it turns out is actually quite similar to the first polish I told you guys about. It's another duo-chrome polish. It's Orly's Galaxy girl and it has tones of blue, green and purple. It was very pretty and I loved the formula of this polish! I only have a couple of Orly nail polishes and I think I definitely need to invest in more!


Lastly, I will share with you what I have on my nails right now! It's a lovely blue manicure that I adore! I did a coat of Revlon's nail polish in Princess, which is a beautiful sort of cornflower blue, but it's got a metallic finish. I wasn't really in the mood to rock a metallic polish, however, so I topped the color with a couple of coats of the China Glaze nail polish in It's a Trap-eze, which is a milky blue base with multicolored glitter. I REALLY like this manicure a lot. The china glaze polish was a bit tricky to apply, as all chunky glitter polishes are, and I am quite certain it won't be my favorite polish ever to remove, but man this sure is pretty, huh?



So that's it, you guys, those are my polish picks for February! Thanks for checking them out, and I will be back next month with polish picks from March. I also have another nail polish filled post coming up where I show you all of the nail polishes I am looking forward to wearing in spring, so be on the lookout for that! What nail polish did you enjoy wearing the most in February? Leave me a comment and let me know! :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews