8/20/13

NOTD: Wet n Wild Wild Shine in Wild card with Julep Clio

When I was considering what I was going to do for my mani monday post, which was all about glitter, I really wanted to use Julep's Clio. I got it in a set of three from Julep, the champagne trio, which I did a whole post all about here, and since I bought it, it's been sitting on my nail polish rack just begging to be used. I went another way with my mani for the glitter theme, as you know, if you saw that post. But, Clio was still begging to be used, so here it is in all it's glory.


I started out with one of the newest polishes to my collection. It's a wet n wild wild shine polish in the color Wild Card. (That's a lot of wild, lol) It's a super super sheer purple shade. The wild shine line of polishes are very inexpensive. I got this one for just 93 cents. While I love the price, and the color, and it worked for this particular mani, this is not my favorite polish. As I said, it's super sheer. For this particular manicure I did three coats and you could still, very easily, see the nail line. I think this polish, in general, will be better as a layering polish. I don't think it will ever get 100% opaque on it's own. Still, a very pretty shade, and will definitely have it's uses. 


The clear star of this show is Julep's Clio. It's a gorgeous glitter top coat that I am totally in love with. It's a clear base with large pink and silver glitters, as well as smaller silver and purple glitter. This polish is so absolutely stunning. It's super easy to apply, and I think that the glitter in this is dense enough that it could probably be worn on it's own, but I prefer it as a top coat. This has easily become my favorite Julep polish so far. 



Overall I love this mani and I really do not want to take it off. I feel like this just looks so pretty and girly. I just can't get enough! 




What is on your nails right now? I would love to hear from you!! 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great manicure...I love me some pink :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews