11/9/11

Birthday/Shopping Haul








Today I have a haul for you. A haul is basically me showing you the stuff that I have purchased lately. Not all of this was purchased by me. I just had a birthday! It was yesterday. I'm now officially in my late 20's. 27 to be exact. Anyway I thought I would share with you what I got.

My awesome husband got me a VIP ticket to the first show of the starkid space tour. If you aren't familiar with starkid, they are a theater company that got their start while they were attending the University of Michigan, and are now centered in Chicago. The show was last Friday and I had a great time. I had a VIP ticket which meant that I got to meet all the starkids and get pictures and Autographs. It was a ton of fun! My cousin Kelsie went with me, and we had the best time!

My children, ages 8 and 3, used their own money to buy me birthday gifts, which I thought was the sweetest thing ever. My oldest son bought me a bodycology body spray in the scent brown sugar vanilla. It's a very yummy fragrance, and I love it. Everytime I wear it I am reminded of warmth, fall and baked goods. lol. My youngest son bought me a nail polish and a lipstick. The nail polis is NYC Long Wearing Enamel in Broadway Burgundy Frost. It's a really beautiful shade, and I think it will get a lot of wear over the holidays. The lipstick he bought for me was also from NYC brand. It's in the shade Sheer Red. This is a very wearable red, and I think that it would work with every skin tone. I love it, and again, I think it will be perfect around the holidays.

My Mom also got me a gift. She made me a scarf in the colors black and yellow (hufflepuff colors- yes, I am a harry potter nerd). It's gorgeous and I love it. She also got me a necklace and earrings set, which I also adore. My mom has great taste, and knows me so well. She couldn't have picked a better gift.

Now, before my Birthday I did a bit of shopping and purchased a few items that I also wanted to share with you. Not many, not enough to warrant it's own post, so i'll just stick it here. I got NYC Instant Lash Mascara. It's a great mascara, and it cost me a whopping $1!! I also picked up a Maybelline Baby Lips tinted lip balm in the color Cherry Me. I am going to do a full review on this product, but in case you were wondering- I LOVE it! I picked up a Dual sided eyeliner pencil from NYC brand. It's in the shade mockingbird. It's black on one side, to line the eyes, and white on the other side to define eyes. Lastly, I picked up a Revlon nail polish in the color Gold Coin. It's a gorgeous metallic colored nail polish, and I have been wearing it a lot since I bought it. It's another shade that I think will be gorgeous for the holidays.

Well, that's it! Thanks for reading.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews