2/10/12

Valentine's Day Night Look

For my valentine's day night look, I wanted to do a classic smoky eye, but I thought that it is a look that just about everyone knows how to do. Still, it's a classic look, and appropriate for a lot of evening occasions so I thought I would do it anyway and put my own twist on it. So here's what I came up with.



Products used:

Face:
Rimmel Fix and Perfect pro face primer
NYC skin matching foundation in Light
NYC liquid concealer in light (under eyes and blemishes)
Cover Girl fresh complexion pocket powder foundation in medium light (just on my t-zone)
LA colors blush in toast (along my cheekbones)
Elf blush and bronzer duo (blush on apples of my cheeks, bronzer as a contour in the hollows of my cheeks and on my temples)
NYC smooth skin bronzing powder in sunny (all over)

Eyes:
Elf eyelid primer
Maybelline color tattoo in pomegranate punk (all over the lid as an eyeshadow base- this will help the eyeshadow last all day and also give a subtle undertone to the eye look that is unexpected, but beautiful- plus the color helps bring out the green in my eyes!)
Elf beauty on the go palette in Date Night (more specific colors down below)
Elf shimmer eyeliner pencil in black (smudged along the lower and upper lash line)
Elf cream eyeliner in black (more precise on upper lash line and to wing the liner)
Maybelline Falsies Mascara in black (upper and lower lashes)
Elf wet gloss lash and brow gel (to tame my brows)

Lips:
EOS lip balm in lemon drop (to moisturize before applying color)
Elf lipstick in classy
Love and Beauty pink lip gloss

EYESHADOW:


Ok, after I applied the color tattoo eyeshadow all over my lid, I used my Beauty on the go palette in date night to create the smoky eye. I used the color I marked above as 7 all over my lid. It's a matte cream color. Very neutral. On top of that I applied color #2 which is a shimmery cream color on the inner half of the eyelid. On the outer half I used color #3, which is a matte silver color. I darkened up the outer corner with #10, a matte black and also applied that same matte black very carefully into my crease. I also liner my eyes with the same black to act as a base for my eyeliners, which I applied next. Once my eyes were all lined, I went back to my beauty on the go palette and used the color #5, the shimmery black on the very outside corner of my eye, to add some dimension and sparkle, and to once again darken up that corner. Then I went back in with Color #2 along the inner corner to brighten that back up. I finished up my doing an under brow highlight in color #7. (hopefully that explained it well enough. It's hard when the colors don't have names! haha)






3 comments:

Tricia said...

Very nice!

Mandy said...

Beautiful! I always mess up the smokey look. I will try using your tips.

Unknown said...

thank you! The only thing to remember about smoky eyes is to make sure you really blend the edges so that you don't have any harsh lines.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews