Happy Halloween everyone! I am not going to do a traditional favorites post this month. With everything I had going on, I didn't wear much makeup, and when I did it was all the same old products. But rather than leave you with nothing, I decided to share with you my favorite fall lip products. I did a post like this last year, too, and while a couple of these products are the same, most of them are completely different. Check out last year's post to see how my picks have changed!
The first thing you will notice that has changed this year is that I am not listing any lip glosses. And that is because I think all of my favorites are pretty glossy all on their own. I also didn't list a clear lip balm. It's especially important in the winter time to use a lip balm under your lip products because winter, at least around these parts, is especially cold and dry and can wreak havoc on your lips. the reason I didn't list one, is because you all know by now that the EOS lip balm in lemon drop is my absolute favorite. The clear baby lips (quenched, peppermint) are really good too! So check those out for lip balms.
Now on to the lip colors. I have a nice mix of shades here, I think, so there's a little something for everyone!
1. Maybelline's totally toffee: This is a great sort of brown toned pink shade. It wears for a really long time. Probably one of the most long wearing lipsticks of the bunch. I feel like it's a great neutral shade.
2. Revlon colorburst lipstick in Creme Brulee- My holy grail nude shade. I love this color. It's the perfect nude, but not scary make you look dead nude. It's got a great shine and it's very moisturizing!
3. NYC Sheer Red- This is my holy grail Red. It's not bright, it's a beautiful brick red. It's sheer enough that it's not an intimidating red. It glides on smooth, and lasts for quite a while. It's so easy, you don't even need a lip liner with this red!
4. NYC Violet Shine- a wonderful pink-y violet shade. It's a great lipstick to rock with a deeper eye look. Love it!
5. Maybelline baby lips in Grape Vine- Love this lip balm. Of all the baby lips I own, grape vine is my favorite. It's a beautiful grape shade, smells amazing and really moisturizes the lips.
6. Elf essential lipstick in Gypsy- This color practically screams look at me. It's a deep purple toned pink, and looks exactly like what a gypsy would wear to me. I love rocking this lip with a very neutral eye and a baby pink blush.
7. Elf essential lipstick in voo doo- This is another brick red shade only it's a few shades deeper than NYC's sheer red. It's a wicked color, and a breeze to pull off with my coloring. Love!
8. Urban Decay Pistol- I adore this color. The lipstick itself is a bit drying, but that's easily solved by wearing it on top of a balm. The color is a beautiful sheer berry tone with a very subtle glitter/sparkle.
9. Urban Decay Apocalypse- This is a sheer purple shade that is the perfect easy to wear vampy lip. It's not so dark that you have to worry about it smearing and looking crazy, but dark enough for that mysterious dark fall lip!
10. Urban Decay Confession- This is the epitome of vamp if you ask me. This is like Apoocalypse only much deeper and more in your face. This is, by far, the most difficult shade to pull off. It's dark, and it's easy to go overboard with this one, but when applied lightly, it's beautiful. The perfect dark mysterious vampy night-time lip! Love!