12/30/13

Makeup MVPs 2013: Eyes

I have a TON of stuff to talk to you guys about in the eye category! Eye makeup was my first love, which is probably why I have ten times the amount of eyeshadow a normal person has. lol. I had a lot of favorite things this year, so let's just jump right into it, otherwise you'll be here all day!


Starting out with eyeshadow bases. These are so important because they work to keep your eyeshadow in place and make it last all day! I have a whole drawer full of eyeshadow bases! I love them. And these are the best of the best!

Mac Painterly Paint Pot- I absolutely love this! It's expensive, I shelled out 20 bucks for this product! But it's totally worth it! It's a great matte neutral creamy product that I love to apply to my lids as a first step to just about any look. It's creamy enough that it glides on effortlessly, but it doesn't crease or budge! It does a great job of muting out any discoloration or veins on my lids and gets them ready for eyeshadow!

Maybelline Color Tattoo- I love all of the maybelline color tattoos that I own! They are seriously pigmented cream eyeshadows that can be worn on their own, or layered underneath powder shadow to really make them pop! I use them both ways. They are so versatile! My all time favorite is barely branded. It's a great neutral shade with a bit of a metallic finish so it's great to add a bit of shine to any eye look. I highly recommend it, and any of the other shades. They're a steal at a great drugstore price!

Elf eyelid primer- My first love when it comes to eyeshadow primer and I still love and use it constantly. This little baby is just a buck on eyelipsface.com and it's a great, simple primer that goes on completely sheer. It doesn't add anything to the look or take anything away. It simply stays put and keeps your eyeshadow from creasing or fading throughout the day. I think this is a staple in any woman's makeup collection!

Moving on now to my favorite part. The eyeshadow! I could talk until I am blue in the face about eyeshadows. I just love them. But when it comes down to it there are two brands of eyeshadow that I find myself coming back to again and again.

Wet n Wild- I completely adore wet n wild's eye shadows! This isn't the wet n wild I remember from when I Was a kid, that's for sure. These eyeshadows are super soft and blend so easily. All of the shades I have tried are super pigmented and rarely powdery! My all time favorite is the wet n wild comfort zone palette. It comes with 8 shades. On one side is all of the neutrals that I love, and on the other side is smokier green shades perfect for a green smokey eye! You can't go wrong with this palette. Or really, any of wet n wild's palettes. I love the color icon trios too, especially walking on eggshells and sweet as candy! I can't say enough good things about these shadows!

Urban Decay- And on the other end of the price spectrum I love Urban Decay. This wouldn't be a favorites post if I didn't proclaim my undying love to the Naked palettes. I have the original, Naked 2 and naked basics and they are easily my most used most loved palettes. I desperately want the Naked 3 palette to enter my life soon! I love the naked palettes because they are just so easy. They're full of great neutral shades that you can mix and match and wear everyday! They're all incredibly pigmented, super blend-able and last all day. If you can only afford one high end makeup product, I highly suggest you check out the naked palettes and pick the one that works best for you! They're amazing!

My favorite eyeshadow brush of all time is the Elf essential eyeshadow brush. It's just a flat shader brush that is super affordable at just 1 dollar! I have at least 6 of these brushes. They are soft but still firm and make for the perfect brush for applying eyeshadow to your lid, or as a highlight shade. I go back and forth between blending brushes and such, but the brush I use everyday without fail is this one, and I highly recommend it!

I really got into eyeliner this year. I've always worn it kind of subtly along the upper lash line. Just a thin line straight across and nothing fancy. This year I got way more into bolder liner and here are the products that helped me along the way!

Elf waterproof eyeliner pen- I love this product. It comes in a nice variety of colors. It's super easy to apply. It gives you the look of liquid liner without the difficulties in application. I love liquid liner but I've never really been able to master it's application. This pen makes it super easy. I especially love the black one. It's super black and pigmented and doesn't smear or fade throughout the day. And these are super affordable at just 2 dollars a pop!

Urban Decay 24/7 liners- I just love the urban decay liners! They are a tad expensive, but I have always managed to find mine on sale or in travel sizes to make them less so. These are the best pencil liners on the market in my opinion. They glide on super easily but once they set they aren't going anywhere! I especially love the one in perversion because it's super duper black. I use it constantly for lining my water line and tight lining. It's a great asset to me!

Elf Cream eyeliner- Another thing I have really gotten into more this year is cream or gel liner. I love the elf one because it's super affordable, it's easy to apply and the black one is super black. I like to use an angled liner brush to apply this, and it's great for winged eyeliner, or just really darkening up the upper lash line! It's creamy and doesn't dry out quickly, which makes this an amazing value at just 3 dollars!

Rimmel Scandal Eyes Liners- I really got into the rimmel pencil liners this year, and the main one is the one in nude. It's a fantastic product for applying to your water line to really wake up the eyes and make them appear more often. So often black liner in the water line closes off the eye. Using a nude color really makes you look brighter and more awake, and the nude from Rimmel is very creamy, and very affordable!

As far as mascara goes, I had quite an affair on my beloved Covergirl lashblast volume this year. I adore that mascara, don't get me wrong, but I branched out a bit this year and found some new loves!

MaybelineGreat Lash Lots of Lashes- This is not the great lash mascara your mother used. This mascara is amazing. I think the part I love the most about this is the brush. It's super tapered making the very tip of the brush teeny tiny which makes it super easy to get to those inner lashes that are so often missed by bigger brushes. This gives me a ton of length as well, which I love. The black is super black and pigmented and it doesn't flake or fade throughout the day. Plus, this mascara ings up for under 5 bucks, which makes it a winner in my book!

Rimmel London Retro Glam Mascara- I didn't discover this mascara until the tail end of the year, but I couldn't not include it because it's my new all time favorite mascara. This mascara gives me volume like whoa! I can't even begin to describe how amazing my lashes look with this mascara on. It's a different look than a lot of other mascaras that I own. It gives me a ton of volume and some length too and I just feel so glamorous when I wear it! I didn't like some of the other rimmel mascaras I tried in 2013, but this one is phenomenal!

Elf eyebrow kit in medium- Another thing I got into this year was filling in my eyebrows! I wish I ad done it sooner! This is such an easy thing to skip, but it makes such a huge difference in the overall look of your makeup! I love the elf eyebrow kit because it comes with a wax and a powder and it makes filling in your brows easy as pie! It's also affordable, which is a huge plus!

Elf wet gloss clear lash and brow mascara- once I have filled in my brows, I always set them with a brow gel and my favorite is the elf one because it does the job and it costs just a buck! This one does get a bit crunchy if you apply too much, but for the price, I don't mind that at all!

Chella Ivory Lace Highlighter- I would be remiss if I didn't mention this product to round out my favorite eye products. I use this practically everyday right up under my brow for an absolutely beautiful highlight. I often put powder shadow on top, but this is always the first step. It's just a gorgeous ivory color that brightens that area so nicely. I put it in my inner corner as well sometimes to brighten that area up. I received this in an ipsy bag at one point during the year and I am so glad that I did because it's beautiful!

So that rounds out my favorite eye products from 2013. I know it was a lot but what can I say, I just love eye makeup! Be sure to check back soon for my favorite lip products from 2013!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews